Director General, Communications
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) has an amazing story to tell and we need someone to help us tell it.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, strategic, forward- thinking Director General of Communications to lead the organization’s communications functions, support the achievement of our operational priorities and contribute to our continued success as a workplace of choice.
Salary: $125,900 to $148,100 annually plus an attractive benefits package, performance pay, and a defined benefit pension plan
Location: Ottawa, Ontario or Edmonton, Alberta
About the Role:
The Director General of Communications will lead a robust pan-western communications function within WD that works to:
- articulate narratives in a variety of areas (issue, project, program, cluster, etc.) to attract interest in the organization, demonstrate results, and link objectives to compelling results and outcomes;
- provide advice on latest communications trends, tools, technologies and approaches to engage with Canadians;
- monitor the government and public environment to gather and share intelligence, information, and assess its meaning and opportunity for WD;
- manage relationships in the nation’s capital, and across the West, with government organizations at all levels, external stakeholders, communities, and partners; as well as,
- develop and deliver events and activities that advance the objectives of WD.
What you need to bring to the role
You are a post-secondary graduate in communications, journalism, marketing, business administration or related field. You are proficient in both of Canada’s Official Languages, French and English. You have experience leading a team and/or delivering a major initiative in a matrix or collaborative leadership environment.You bring a wealth of experience leading a comprehensive communications program involving, among others, physical events and initiatives, online presence, and related communications needs of program and policy initiatives.You have experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans for high priority organizational initiatives.Finally, you demonstrate significant experience managing human and financial resources.
For a complete list of qualifications, visit https://www.wd-deo.gc.ca/eng/19752.asp.
What we do at WD:
WD promotes the development and diversification of the economy of Western Canada and advances the interests of the West in national economic policy. Our initiatives contribute to:
- A strengthened western Canadian innovation system (Innovation) and a competitive and expanded business sector in Western Canada (Business Development and Entrepreneurship); and
- Economically viable communities in Western Canada with a high quality of life (Community Economic Development).
These priorities are consistent with the Government of Canada's long-term economic plan to improve business competitiveness. For more information on the department, please visit www.wd-deo.gc.ca.
WD is always on the lookout for amazing potential. If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you. Apply with your resume and cover by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 12, 2018 quoting process number 18-WCO-EA-PSD-512.
Ces renseignements sont aussi disponsibles en français!
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications