Manager, Public Relations & Digital Media
- William Osler Health System
- Brampton & Etobicoke, Ontario
- Competitive salary with benefits & pension plan
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
ABOUT WILLIAM OSLER:
William Osler Health System (Osler) is one of Canada’s largest community hospitals serving the diverse and growing communities of Etobicoke, Brampton and surrounding regions of the Central West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). As a regional referral centre, Osler provides programs and services to over 1.3 million residents across the LHIN. Osler has three unique sites, each providing a wide range of services:
Brampton Civic Hospital provides care to Osler's most complex and seriously ill or injured patients through a mix of inpatient and outpatient services.
Etobicoke General Hospital is a traditional community hospital that provides all aspects of care from emergency medicine to surgery and specialist visits.
Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness is an outpatient hospital (opened February 2017), providing urgent care, day surgery and specialty clinics, and focuses on helping individuals with chronic conditions manage their disease better.
This role is a part of Osler’s Strategic Communications team, which is viewed as a critical enabler of Osler’s priorities.
Reporting directly to the Director, Public Relations, the Manager of Public Relations and Digital Media will be responsible for positioning the hospital as a health system leader through effective media, public relations, and digital media strategies. Leveraging a strong background in media relations and issues management, a successful candidate will develop and implement robust, strategic external communications plans to facilitate greater public awareness of the hospital, its programs and services, and the innovation of its people – within the community, province and beyond. The candidate will serve as a primary media contact for Osler, pitching proactive, positive media stories and responding to a variety of local and national media requests including television, radio and print.
To help the organization achieve even greater engagement with its community, this role will also lead the development, execution and measurement of effective digital media strategies in support of strategic imperatives and annual business priorities of Osler (primarily) and Osler’s Foundation (secondarily). In addition, this candidate must possess a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies, keen interest in and awareness of emerging web trends, and be able to lead digital strategies from concept to execution. The role involves supervision of Osler’s digital media team by providing coaching, feedback, and opportunities for career development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, marketing or related discipline.
- 10+ years progressive experience in hospital public relations, media relations, crisis communications and issues management, with leadership experience a definite asset
- Excellent written communications skills, with superior abilities to tell compelling stories through writing, and comprehend/translate medical and technical terminology into appropriate grade level language suitable for lay audiences
- Strong media relations background, with exemplary understanding of and experience with various media (local and national)
- Ability to motivate, engage and lead a team
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Hootsuite, native social analytics)
- Strong understanding of social channels, how they differ, and how they can complement each other
- Highly-developed critical thinking skills, strategic planning research, project management, and special events planning and coordination – as well as time management and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple and complex demands simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated high-level of customer service and interpersonal skills needed, including ability to work with diverse individuals and groups (i.e. front-line staff, physicians, Senior Leadership team, volunteers, Foundation, Board of Directors, community residents).
- Demonstrates commitment to the organization’s vision, mission and values.
- Ability to travel between hospital sites as required. Vehicle is necessary
- Develop, implement and execute external communications plans, marketing plans and programs to educate the public about the organization and its future directions, raise awareness of hospital programs and services, and promote Osler's reputation and brand
- Serve as primary media contact for the organization, identifying and pitching positive stories, responding to calls and inquiries from local and national media outlets, and developing key messages and briefing materials for Osler spokespeople
- Manage, organize and coordinate key corporate events targeted at the media, external audiences and health care stakeholders, and support the delivery of specific clinical and non-clinical events, forums and education sessions for the public, media and external audiences
- Develop materials to support execution of external communications and event plans including speeches and remarks, key messages, briefing materials, news releases, backgrounders, newsletters and feature articles as required
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to connect with the community at multiple levels.
- Manage and oversee Osler’s website, intranet, blogs, email marketing, mobile apps and social media channels
- Working with a Digital Media Specialist, conceptualize, create, edit and produce content (including print, graphic design, photos, and videos) targeted to optimize strengths of digital media channels, including social media, websites, and newsletters
- Working with a Digital Media Specialist, develop, implement and evaluate digital media strategy for a large, complex organization
- With support from the Digital Media team, come up with creative ideas for digital campaigns, and constantly test, measure, and tweak ideas
- Enforce social media guidelines and policies as defined by Osler's digital media strategy
Similar searches: Healthcare Services and Wellness