Created by the Government of Canada in 1997, the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) strives to build our nation’s capacity to undertake world-class research and technology development to benefit Canadians. Thanks to CFI investment in state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, universities, colleges, research hospitals and non-profit research institutions are attracting and retaining the world’s top talent, training the next generation of researchers, supporting private-sector innovation and creating high-quality jobs that strengthen Canada’s position in today’s knowledge economy.
Job Opportunity - Updated
Marketing and Analytics Specialist
The Marketing and Analytics Specialist understands the touch points the CFI’s external stakeholders interact with every day. They play a critical role in implementing and analyzing strategic communications and promotional campaigns to grow stakeholder engagement and build brand image, primarily across the digital space. The incumbent fully understands marketing strategies, social media, customer relationship management and marketing automation platforms, and how they can help the CFI meet its corporate communications goals. In addition, they also have a strong understanding of web and social media analytics tools and experience analyzing relevant metrics to inform communications activities.
The position reports to the Director of Communications and works closely with External Relations and Communications (ERC) colleagues and other CFI teams to collaborate on promotional campaigns across all digital outlets.
Marketing and Analytics
- Work collaboratively with ERC colleagues to develop and execute marketing communications and campaigns.
- Create integrated plans that connect digital, social, email and traditional communications platforms, leveraging research, analytics and insights.
- Monitor, analyze and optimize communications campaigns for increased engagement, and make recommendations for delivering the best possible results.
- Advise on ways to enhance overall stakeholder engagement across all digital activities by analyzing the performance and relevance of content on Innovation.ca and the Research Facilities Navigator, and the performance of email, social media and advertising campaigns.
- Use appropriate metrics to track the performance of email campaigns web, social media, search engine optimization and search engine marketing, and provide analysis for establishing and measuring CFI performance benchmarks and goals.
- Develop and produce regular metrics reports for management.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging trends in online analytics technology to support ERC performance goals; make recommendations and implement, when necessary.
- Create and implement strategy for analytics tools.
- Recommend, plan, implement and analyze pay-per-click advertising for both online and social media.
- Research and identify stakeholder segments and demographics, and ensure completeness of contact data records for digital marketing.
- Act as the digital content expert within ERC, and be a valued resource for the effective use of contact relationship management and marketing software.
- Ensure the design and content of electronic communications are in accordance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA).
- Maintain best practices for promotional, online and social media communications activities.
- Act as backup for posting content on social media.
- Train ERC and CFI colleagues, as needed, on best practices in digital communications.
- Liaise with Information Services team on various technical implementations or requirements.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of three years of experience in a digital communications or digital marketing role.
- Bachelor’s degree, three-year diploma or equivalent in business, marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- Mastery of advanced marketing principles, such as target segmentation, category, value proposition, positioning and brand strategy.
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics and/or other web analytic tools.
- Knowledge of the mandate, programs and activities of the CFI and an understanding of the broad objectives and the environment in which it operates.
- Experience with customer relationship management and marketing software (preferably with MS-Dynamics 365 and ClickDimensions) an asset.
- Demonstrated oral and written proficiency in both official languages an asset. Skills in planning, assessing, researching, analyzing and presenting information.
- Proven organizational, task coordination, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms; knowledge of graphic and photo editing techniques and the Adobe design suite is an asset.
This is a full time, headquarters-based function.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV and a covering letter by end of day on Sunday, November 4, 2018 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Canada Foundation for Innovation
55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 1100
Ottawa ON K1P 6L5
We would like to thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canada Foundation for Innovation supports official language and employment equity principles, and respects Ontario’s Accessibility Standard for Customer Service policy.
Visit our website: www.innovation.ca for more information about the CFI.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications