Marketing and Communications Officer, NAC Indigenous Theatre
Status: Full-time, Term ending August 31st 2020
Closing date: November 12, 2018
Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our four stages and on our stages across the country.
NAC Indigenous Theatre: Our stories are medicine.
The Indigenous Theatre Department at the NAC will nurture, develop and showcase Indigenous stories at the NAC and in communities all over Canada. Our mission is to honour our storytellers and thereby aid in the retention, resurgence and resilience of the multiple and diverse Indigenous cultures of this land.
As part of the NAC Indigenous Theatre team, the Marketing and Communications Officer is primarily responsible for launching the inaugural season and promoting Indigenous Theatre productions and initiatives through the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communication plans designed to enhance local, national and international exposure while maximizing revenues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop the overall strategic plan and implement marketing and communication strategies and tactics to build awareness and audiences for NAC Indigenous Theatre;
- Lead the strategy, development and execution of season announcement;
- Lead the strategy, development and execution of marketing materials for the inaugural season of NAC Indigenous Theatre including developing creative and copy for all digital and print requirements;
- Develop the discipline’s and Artistic Director’s profile via digital media, including developing and executing social media plan;
- Cultivate relationships with and pitch stories to both local and national arts and culture journalists, including bloggers, to achieve the highest visibility of the discipline in print, broadcast and on-line media;
- Develop compelling story angles and writing and editing content for press releases, social media, and other marketing/communications collateral;
- The successful candidate will be required to engage and develop relationships with Indigenous communities, collaborating with our many partners all over Canada;
- Develop key performance metrics, monitor and analyse progress, and report on status as appropriate;
- Develop and execute pricing strategies based on research and sales data;
- Track revenue and expenditures to ensure adherence to budgetary obligations;
- Schedule, and manage workload to ensure timely and successful completion of milestones and overall projects;
- Work collaboratively with other NAC Artistic Disciplines and participate in Marketing Department projects and priorities;
- Help in the development and implementation of the NAC’s strategic plan.
- Post secondary diploma/degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field and a minimum of (3) years of relevant experience;
- Superior language skills; you must possess the ability to communicate verbally (public speaking, public and media relations) and in writing (drafting, editing) in both official languages;
- Exceptional knowledge of and experience with social media strategies (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram);
- Demonstrated experience with drafting and conceptualizing multiple methods of communication (press releases, video scripts, etc.);
- Expertise in marketing campaign strategy development, implementation and analysis;
- Experience managing budgets;
- Possess strong project management skills and attention to detail in your own work;
- Strong knowledge of the performing arts in general;
- Direct experience in working with journalists and the media, both regionally and nationally;
- Ability to work in a team and to take on a leadership role;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-volume environment with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgement;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure;
- Proficiency in using MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online through our website, at www.nac-cna.ca
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications