Lead – Health Marketing
The Health Marketing Lead plays a key leadership role in support of the prevention and screening goals of the Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund (ACPLF). As the successful candidate you will be responsible and accountable for providing leadership and health marketing expertise to the innovation teams to achieve project, stream and departmental goals. You will also work as a dyad with the Scientist to provide vision, leadership and direction to the team to ensure strategic and business goals are achieved. The Individual/Family stream within ACPLF aims to motivate, influence and enable individual Albertans and families, including those who are vulnerable to poorer health outcomes, to reduce their cancer risk and increase appropriate use of cancer screening. The Marketing team within ACPLF aims to generate and promote health marketing products that influence social norms and decision-making of individuals, communities, workplaces, and health care settings in support of cancer prevention.
All Non-Union/Exempt positions are being reviewed for possible inclusions in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
This posting will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
The Lead will utilize their expertise in health marketing and understanding of different best practice approaches to co-inform and oversee implementation of innovation projects. You will also advise and support the other ACPLF innovation stream dyads to plan innovative marketing and communication tactics that support their innovation projects. This will enhance health promoting behavior amongst different audiences around Alberta in communities, workplaces, and health services settings. Additionally, the Lead will support the implementation of an ACPLF communication strategy (in consultation with AHS Communications) to increase the awareness of ACPLF prevention and screening projects amongst the public and research community. The Lead oversees the finances of the stream and contributes to ACPLF business planning, and reporting. You will have the opportunity to provide leadership through effective communication, ethical decision making, and commitment to achieving established goals. Finally, the Lead provides mentoring and skills development to staff creating an engaged environment that supports continuous learning and growth.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Health Marketing and/or Health Communications and at least five years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field. Expertise in Behavior Change Theory.
- Experience in implementing and evaluating marketing interventions.
- Expertise in translating research information into compelling messages for different stakeholders and audiences.
- Extensive experience in writing for different audiences e.g. community, senior leadership and government.
- Experience working in a healthcare organization of significant size or NGO experience.
- Proven ability to liaise with senior leaders in health service organizations, universities, government, and other marketing agencies/organizations.
- Experience with strategic and business planning, budgeting and project management.
- Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Experience in health promotion, population health and chronic disease and cancer prevention.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Marketing Manager / Gestionnaire du marketing
Marketing & Communications Assistant
Institute Of Professional Bookkeepers Of Canada
Mass Media Advisor (Petro-Canada)
Manager, Marketing and Strategic Enrolment
Chartered Marketer Program: Senior Brand Coursew…
Canadian Marketing Association