Title: Mid-Level Giving Officer
Department: Direct Marketing
Reports to: Manager, Direct Marketing
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
From its beginnings as a hospital for Canadian veterans, Sunnybrook has flourished into a fully affiliated teaching hospital with the University of Toronto, evolving to meet the needs of the growing community. Today, with 1.3 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada’s largest trauma centre.
Sunnybrook’s five strategic priorities are:
- Heart and Vascular
- High risk maternal and newborn
- Image-guided brain therapies
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to support the advancement of our world-class health sciences centre, through active fundraising in support of research, education and equipment initiatives at Sunnybrook.
Our mission is to secure financial contributions that enable the hospital to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
Reporting to the Manager, Direct Marketing, the Mid-Level Giving Officer will join a team of fundraising professionals responsible for annual, mid-level and monthly giving.
The Mid-Level Giving Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and stewardship program strategy, creating a seamless and rewarding experience for mid-level donors (annual gift between $1,000 and $25,000) with an emphasis on donor retention and growth.
This position coordinates the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts for mid-level donors through direct mail appeals, strategic communications through all mediums, and personalization of outreach with the primary goals of retaining and upgrading these donors.
- Work with the Manager, Direct Marketing to develop and execute the mid-level donor fundraising plan to cultivate, solicit, and upgrade mid-level donors
- Work closely with other teams to ensure alignment and integration of donor goals and strategies
- Track and analyze direct and interactive mid-level campaigns, and use statistical analysis and reports to make adjustments to meet goals and inform future campaigns
- Collaborate on solicitation, stewardship, and cultivation strategies to engage the mid-level donor group including highly personalized direct marketing efforts
- Responsible for stewardship of mid-level donor and prospect audiences through email, personal notes, calls and in person meetings
- Work with Planned Giving team to develop and execute lead generation strategies
- Work with the Research team to identify and hand off higher capacity major gift donor prospects for additional cultivation by the Major Gifts team
- Track and document the cultivation and solicitation activities of mid-level giving prospects and donors in Raiser’s Edge
- Manage integrated direct mail program for mid-level giving as the lead liaison with partner agency
- Develop cultivation, stewardship creative and targeting strategies to Sunnybrook brand requirements, with key messages supporting hospital program priorities
- Work with other teams to assist with the strategic development and execution of integrated business goals and strategies to maximize donor engagement and advancement opportunities
- Attends donor events as required
Our successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive direct marketing experience developing targeted multi-channel campaigns (direct mail, email, telemarketing and digital) designed to acquire/retain/upgrade donors
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships; demonstrable success working effectively on cross-functional teams
- Customer service focus, excellent telephone manner and skills, you are able to professionally represent the organization, and you bring a common sense approach to all your dealings
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Experience planning, writing, editing, coordination and implementing a variety of complex direct mail initiatives that support business goals
- Experience managing and being accountable for budgets, fundraising targets and donor relationships
- Sound judgement and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Personal stability, maturity, optimism and a sense of humor
- Minimum university degree or equivalent
- Strong computer skills using MS Office suite software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and working with donor databases and report writing
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or similar fundraising platforms an asset
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by October 12, 2018 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Mid-Level Giving Officer- CMA” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
President & Chief Executive Officer
Calgary Health Trust
Senior Manager, Councils
Canadian Marketing Association
Assistant Vice-President: External Relations
Wilfrid Laurier University
Marketing and Analytics Specialist - updated
Canada Foundation for Innovation
Marketing and Communications Officer, NAC Indigen…
National Arts Centre of Canada