Director, Marketing Strategy
At the LCBO, we promote social responsibility, connect with our consumers through exceptional customer service, and encourage our employees to reach their potential. If you’re looking for a career that will engage and inspire you to excel, let’s get together – join the LCBO.
This position reports to LCBO’s Vice President, Marketing & Customer Intelligence, Kerri Dawson, and is responsible for shaping LCBO’s marketing strategy, annual planning process, and delivering strategic marketing support to the Category Marketing, Content Marketing, and Digital teams.
What’s the role about?
Market and Competitive Analysis
- Partner with Customer Intelligence team to understand customer data and trends to inform marketing strategy and continually monitor whether key customer segments are responding to marketing strategy.
- Monitor competitive landscape and market trends and refine marketing strategy.
- Develop overall marketing and brand strategy for LCBO.
- Define customer experience across all channels (aligned with goals for sales, margin, and customer engagement).
- Partner with business leaders to plan customer experience execution based on customer journey maps and “path to purchase”.
- Lead annual strategic approach for marketing together with Category Marketing, Content and Creative Marketing, and Digital Customer Experience teams, refining and driving process and timelines.
- Support Marketing Director team with budget tracking, procurement practice and advice, and contract management.
- Oversee marketing operations, ensuring marketing materials are streamlined and distributed to internal stakeholders.
- Work with LCBO’s Head of Strategy to ensure marketing strategy supports enterprise-level strategic priorities.
- Partner with Corporate Communications to understand key priorities for CSR and ensures SR is seamlessly woven throughout all marketing and content collateral.
What will you bring to the team?
- Extensive management experience in marketing strategy and business plan development, including project scoping, hypotheses development, financial and business modelling, strategic options identification, organizational alignment, budget management, and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creatively and conceptually.
- Solid track record of leveraging technology to gather market intelligence and consumer insights and distilling issues and strategies into actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Business; MBA preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills; communicate clearly and simply.
- Strong executive presence and ease with senior management interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor a team in development and execution of strategic initiatives; ability to lead cross-functional collaboration in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment.
- Sound knowledge of government beverage alcohol regulations and public administration experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with beverage alcohol industry and associated product knowledge is an asset.
Why Join the LCBO Team?
We’re a world-class retailer. We hire driven people we want to learn from and who want to grow their careers. LCBO understands a great career is made up of varied days, compelling problems to solve, and human connection. We work with our employees to create a working experience that drives both the organization and the people within it forward.
Diversity & inclusion matter at LCBO. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you are a creative thinker, passionate about the future of retail, and delight in developing strategies to differentiate and mobilize organizations, please consider applying at lcbo.com/careers, quoting File #LCB-125/2018.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications