- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications, Sales and Business Development
- Job Type
Director, Customer Intelligence and Insights
At the LCBO, we promote social responsibility, connect with our consumers through exceptional customer service, and encourage our employees to reach their potential. If you’re looking for a career that will engage and inspire you to excel, let’s get together – join the LCBO.
This position reports to LCBO’s Vice President, Marketing & Customer Intelligence, Kerri Dawson, and is responsible for uncovering business opportunities and generating increased revenue and loyalty from our customers, with a heavy emphasis on providing customer data and insights to support Marketing, Merchandising, Retail and Store Design/Real Estate. As an experienced leader and analytics expert, this role will be responsible for coaching, development, and knowledge sharing across the entire Customer Intelligence and Insights team and the Chief Customer Office division.
What’s the role about?
Enabling Business Plan Development
- Defining measurement of all forms of marketing activity, including traditional and digital advertising, promotional programs, merchandising, publications, special events, customer relationship management (CRM), and digital user experience through ecommerce and mobile.
Insights & Data Analysis
- Uncover and analyze all market and consumer trends, and formulating strategic implications of these trends for the Chief Customer Office division.
- Develop and implement advanced business intelligence, reporting and automation tools for fact-based decision-making, improved measurement, and customized marketing communication.
- Develop business intelligence reporting to meet the needs for KPI tracking and trend analysis on new marketing programs and services.
- Support longer term marketing and loyalty plans with insights and forecasts while monitoring KPIs to optimize existing campaigns.
Customized Marketing Communication
- Develop in-depth comprehensive understanding of LCBO customer and translating this knowledge into strategic opportunities to maximise customer satisfaction and profitable growth of LCBO.
- Direct all customer research, market strategy and customer level data mining.
- Enable customer-level data mining, further developing the supplier sale of data program.
- Direct customer-level analysis and modelling using transaction and sales data to enhance understanding of customer behaviour.
- Lead team responsible for providing data, insights and analysis to drive promotions, targeted offers, predictive analytics, merchant level analytics, and CRM efforts.
What will you bring to the team?
- Extensive management experience in marketing analytics.
- Degree in Business Administration with focus in statistics, mathematics, engineering or computer science; MBA preferred.
- Solid track record of leveraging a variety of technologies to gather market intelligence and consumer insights and develop business plans.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills with significant experience in campaign design and measurement, using non-transactional data, CRM data environments, data mining, and predictive analytics.
- Strong database and data analysis skills, including predictive and data modelling, with a solid business foundation (ideally marketing, finance or statistics).
- Experienced in developing data governance and systems capabilities strategy.
- Deep understanding of marketing principles with a focus on segmentation and how to use data to more fully inform and evolve a segmentation framework.
- Progressive and innovative: aggressively seeks out opportunities to improve business competitiveness.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills; communicate clearly and simply.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor a team and lead cross-functional collaboration on multiple projects in a fast paced, highly matrixed environment.
- Sound knowledge of government beverage alcohol regulations and public administration experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with beverage alcohol industry and associated product knowledge is an asset.
Why Join the LCBO Team?
We’re a world-class retailer. We hire driven people we want to learn from and who want to grow their careers. LCBO understands a great career is made up of varied days, compelling problems to solve, and human connection. We work with our employees to create a working experience that drives both the organization and the people within it forward.
Diversity & inclusion matter at LCBO. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you are a creative thinker, passionate about the future of retail, and delight in developing strategies to differentiate and mobilize organizations, please consider applying at lcbo.com/careers, quoting File #LCB-127/2018.