Director, Marketing Communications
The Director, Marketing Communications is responsible for the teams within marketing that develop national advertising campaigns for investors and advisors that promote the Fidelity brand and our products across Canada, as well as the execution and production of all marketing materials for the firm.
The Director, Marketing Communications will work with the VP Marketing and Senior Executive Team to develop integrated strategic advertising campaigns that communicate Fidelity’s brand to various segments of the Canadian market.
The role is also responsible for “best in class, on brand” execution of all marketing materials developed by Fidelity Investments Canada. In addition to all advertising properties (digital, broadcast, print and OOH), the Marketing Communications teams transform content produced by a variety of internal partners into materials that positively promote our brand. This output includes: product brochures, promotional items, event support materials, presentations, stationary and thought leadership articles . “Best in class, on brand” includes creative that is: on time, on budget, compliant, according to brand standards, and retained as needed for records retention.
What You Will Do
1. Strategy and Execution
- Work with VP Marketing and Senior Executive Team to recommend and direct Fidelity Investment Canada’s advertising and sponsorship spends.
- Responsible for managing external agencies and partners to create and execute fully integrated advertising and sponsorship programs within a multimillion annual budget.
- Provide strategic direction for messaging to multiple segments as well as media planning and execution.
2. Testing and Optimization
- Responsible for managing the process and working with external vendors to test and optimize advertising and sponsorship campaigns.
- Conduct regular focus groups and research to measure campaign effectiveness as well as ongoing reporting.
3. Lead a team of internal and external creative and production professionals
- Responsible hiring, training and inspiring a team of senior individual contributors who directly impact Fidelity’s brand in their daily work. These creative specialists collaborate with external partners to achieve production output standards.
- The Marketing Production team is responsible for transforming ideas and design into online and offline executions.
- The Translation team ensures that all content is available in French, and works with vendors to produce some content in Chinese.
- The Creative team are guardians of Fidelity’s visual brand in all executions.
- The Advertising team liaises with multiple vendors to manage media planning and deliver ad executions.
- Responsible for supervising vendors, sourcing new vendors as needed, and managing annual budgets associated with this collaboration.
4. Overall Brand direction and creative
- Ensure all projects executed by the Marketing department (print, web, collateral, and advertising) adhere to Fidelity Canada brand standards and best practices.
- Identify opportunities to build and reinforce the brand and work closely with partners in Marketing to execute.
- Lend creative expertise and design experience to lead and nurture the creative team when required.
5. Marketing Operations
- Supervise the maintenance and continuous improvement of marketing production workflow, technology and processes to enhance productivity, eliminate duplicated effort and enable the smooth delivery of jobs from initiation through development, layout, design, translation, editorial, print and delivery.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships including contract negotiation and service level monitoring in support of job delivery. Implement and continually enhance performance metrics for the team and individuals.
What We’re Looking For
- University Degree
- Investment related qualifications an asset
- More than 7 years’ experience including advertising and branding in a marketing or communications role
- Must have experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders including those at the Senior Executive level
- Must have experience managing both internal and external teams
- Must have direct experience managing complex budgets
- Experience with managing and evaluating sponsorship properties an asset
The Expertise You Bring
- Ability to manage internal and external teams to deliver high quality results
- Ability to plan, sell through and manage multi-million dollar ad campaigns
- Must have strong interpersonal, writing, creative and organizational skills
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple ongoing projects is essential
- The creative mindset to create messages and visuals that promote the Fidelity brand in a differentiated way in a crowded marketplace
What You Can Expect From Us
- Competitive compensation.
- Generous Employer RRSP contribution
- Financial Assistance and Accreditation Awards towards recognized designations pertaining to your responsibilities.
- Eligible candidates may receive a special payment to assist with relocation. Restrictions may apply.
- Top tier benefits and perks including reimbursement for tuition, health and fitness club membership fees and computers for personal use.
Why work at Fidelity?
Here are just a few reasons:
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2016)
- Canada’s Top Employers 2017
- GTA’s Top Employers for 2017
- 2016 National HR Awards
- Employee Engagement Award
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award
- Best Social Responsibility Program
- Environics Advisor Perception Study 2016
- #1 “Overall Fund Company” – Eleven years running.
- #1 “Overall Back Office and Administration” - 12th year in a row
- #1 (or tied for #1) in all major categories including:
- Sales and Marketing
- Wholesaler and Inside Sales Performance
Interested applicants are required to apply on-line at: www.fidelity.ca/careers
No inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Similar searches: Banking & Financial Services