Digital Marketing Associate
Huron University College is completely unique to post-secondary institutions in Canada. With the aim to redefine Liberal Arts education, Huron is creating a university experience unlike any other that prioritizes ethical leadership and community engagement, as much as the pursuit of academic achievement.
As the founding institution of Western University, since 1863, Huron has remained strategically small to best serve the needs of its students. We provide an elite, yet accessible, education, because every student with the passion and work ethic to positively change our world deserves to access the knowledge to understand it and the skills to shape it. Huron’s mission is to develop Leaders with Heart from all backgrounds and foster a vibrant and inclusive community and prepare students to be engaged citizens who transform the sectors they work within. Our commitment to providing the best-possible Liberal Arts education means students have many unique opportunities to enrich their learning experiences.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing Associate’s primary duty will be to manage Huron’s website using innovative strategies to ensure the site is optimized, seamlessly navigable and a user-friendly experience for all. The Digital Marketing Associate will develop and implement university-wide integrated digital marketing plans centred on the website which align with Huron’s enrolment plans, brand awareness strategies and integration objectives year-to-year.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record working with metrics oriented digital strategies and will also be responsible for driving traffic to the website through metrics oriented plans. Moreover, the Digital Marketing Associate will drive traffic through the measurement of social and online behaviours and will be a logistically focused individual who is able to efficiently plan and implement website change to improve user-experience.
This key team member will work collaboratively with staff and faculty to ensure the Marketing and Communications department is fulfilling requests from staff and faculty such as website updates and updates to items relating to digital strategic tactics. The Digital Marketing Associate will have the skillset to design, build and deploy digital assets (website updates, landing pages and social media posts) and be comfortable with working with a close-knit, collaborative team.
Additionally, the Digital Marketing associate will contribute to the broader marketing and communications strategy through social media, SEO, Google Ads and much more.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution with a focus on web management, marketing, social / digital media, or related field;
- Significant experience working with Drupal CMS is essential; comparable CMS experience may be taken into consideration;
- Two (2) years prior experience in a communications and / or marketing position managing website administration and executing digital marketing strategies;
- A strong understanding of communications, marketing, advertising, website, social / digital media and various communication and paid advertising tools;
- A strong understanding, and appreciation of the mission of a liberal arts university such as Huron;
- Intermediate skills in, but not limited to, SEO, Google Analytics, SEM and social impressions;
- Experience in working with external stakeholders to jointly develop marketing and advertising strategies and plans;
- Experience working with Facebook Advertising, Google Ads/AdWords considered an asset;
- Experience conducting market research projects, analyzing data and making recommendations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, focused on the desire to work cooperatively with team members and stakeholders;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to interact positively with internal and external stakeholders in a variety of settings;
- Excellent time management, organizational, planning, analytical and intuitive skills;
- Demonstrated judgement and problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, confidentiality and dedication to the mission and vision of Huron.
- Proficiency in programming languages is an asset (PHP, Java, Python, HTML, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, Encoder)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 11:59pm. Letters of application and a current curriculum vitae, including three references should be submitted in confidence to Justin Henry, Director of Human Resources:
Mail: Huron University College Fax: 519-438-4309
1349 Western Road E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
London, ON, N6G 1H3
Huron University College values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given hiring priority. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Huron by phone at 519-438-7224 or at the email address above.