Direct Marketing Officer
Title: Direct Marketing Officer (Annual Giving Donors)
Department: Direct Marketing
Reports to: Manager, Direct Marketing
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Today, with 1.3 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada's largest trauma centre.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
- Heart and vascular
- High risk maternal and newborn
- Image guided brain therapies
The Direct Marketing Officer (DMO) will execute strategic initiatives required to achieve fundraising targets. The DMO will implement a disciplined project management approach to programs for direct response vehicles with one goal - to grow revenue to save and transform lives. Assisting with the development and execution of the annual direct marketing plan, the DMO leads their program area in all tactical areas of donor acquisition, conversion, upgrade and retention with innovative creative while ensuring messaging fits within the Sunnybrook Foundation's overall marketing and communications strategy.
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Direct Marketing, execute the mid-level donor direct marketing and development initiatives, to increase net income by developing donors through proactive and planned channels and propositions, moving donors up from house file and feeding the Major Donor Pipeline with new prospects, while ensuring that the messages are on brand
- Provide ongoing steward of the mid-level donor and prospect audience through personal notes, calls, and 3-6 personal visits/meetings per year
- Maintain accuracy of active donor database including all related donor record administration, briefing and action notes
- Identify individuals with greater capacity and work with the Research team to increase the pool size of major gift prospects, and attend Advancement Officer/Clearance meetings to support these strategies
- Assist in the development, and provide input into, Direct Marketing’s data driven donor retention strategies and execute same for mid-level donors and for integrated direct marketing initiatives
- Participate in the mid-level budgeting process and track budget and financial performance to ensure that goals are delivered per the plan
- Responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on mid-level giving program metrics, provide insights into KPI reporting as defined by leadership, and provide additional analysis where required
- Champion direct marketing program test designs that supports a robust test-and-learn methodology
- Work closely with members of other departments to ensure alignment and integration of donor goals and strategies
- Manage partnerships with agencies and vendors related to the mid-level giving program from concept development to completion of projects to timelines and budget
- Recommend strategies and documentation for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Understand the Sunnybrook brand, the strategic direction of the foundation and hospital priorities in order to support the creative process and targeting strategies for recognition, stewardship and retention, initiatives including identifying key messages, securing required approvals, meeting campaign deadlines and goals
- Lead campaign kick of meetings on objectives, strategies and tactics that includes stakeholders from Donor Relations, Stewardship and Marketing, and involve others as required, prior to creative development and
- When appropriate, work closely with members of other teams to assist with the strategic development and execution of integrated business goals and strategies to maximize donor engagement and advancement opportunities
- Attends donor events as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience marketing direct to consumer in either for profit or not-for-profit
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Experience planning, writing, editing, coordination and implementing a variety of complex direct marketing initiatives that support business goals
- Strong strategic planning and critical thinking skills
- Significant data-driven direct marketing experience within a large complex organization
- Ideal candidate is action-oriented and has experience in developing a test-and-learn approach
- Good decision-making skills, demonstrate a positive attitude, willingness to search out answers, troubleshoot and problem solve independently using sound judgment and ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships; demonstrable success working effectively on cross-functional teams
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (preferably Marketing) or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in the development and implementation of targeted multi-channel direct marketing campaigns (specifically direct mail, email, telemarketing and other digital channels) designed to acquire/retain/upgrade donors
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Hands on experience with data base management, mining and hygiene an asset
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by July 27th to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Direct Marketing Officer” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
President & Chief Executive Officer
Calgary Health Trust
Senior Manager, Councils
Canadian Marketing Association
Assistant Vice-President: External Relations
Wilfrid Laurier University
Marketing and Analytics Specialist - updated
Canada Foundation for Innovation
Marketing and Communications Officer, NAC Indigen…
National Arts Centre of Canada