Communications & Database Associate
Association Management International (AMI) is seeking an associate with at least five years’ experience to be responsible for communications and as the office’s database administrator. AMI is a small association management company located in Toronto with a 20-year track record of providing superior leadership and service to its roster of Canadian based client associations. AMI provides a comprehensive and cost-effective solution for non-profit organizations seeking quality management services. AMI serves as an organization's headquarters, providing expertise in financial management, membership, Board and committee support, meeting and event planning, communication, organizational development and administration. AMI’s client associations are primarily in the financial and health care sectors.
The Associate – Communications & Database is responsible for developing, managing and deploying internal and external communications including expanding digital media content and web-based tools to enhance the online presence of Association Management International and the client associations it manages. The Associate is also responsible for the implementation and maintenance of new database/association management software systems as the superuser/administrator.
The duties of the Communications & Database Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Development of annual communication plans and budgets for clients.
- Development of editorial content and coordinate production of broadcast emails, brochures, annual reports, newsletters, articles, ads and other required promotional materials, both in print and digital format.
- Development, maintenance and updating website editorial and visual content on a regular basis in collaboration with an external provider.
- Support the work of committees including taking minutes, drafting agendas and support materials.
- Administering and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations or other related fields.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing/communications role with a demonstrated track record managing ongoing integrated communications programs and corporate social media strategies including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, HTML/CSS, WordPress.
- Intermediate level experience using MS Access, or a similar database.
- Familiarity with email marketing software, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google Analytics.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Tact, self-assurance and diplomacy when interacting with senior level professionals from client associations.
- A team player that is able to meet tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Good analytical skills probably demonstrated through strong math skills.
- Clear and accurate written communication, the same for spoken communication.
- Evidence of engaging in problem-solving in a workplace environment.
- At least one year using an association management or client management database.
- Some knowledge of HTML.
- Work closely with management to develop and execute communications strategies for each client.
- Develop materials to drive engagement among client’s member organizations and promote participation in educational events, webinars, conferences, research activities and other programs.
- Help implement new database systems and train to become a superuser/administrator.
- Build and manage media relations, particularly financial publications.
- Manage corporate social media accounts.
- Track performance metrics on effectiveness of communications strategies and identify trends and issues.
- Ensure that all communications are aligned with each client’s strategic goals and objectives and consistent with their branding.
- Manage external agencies and other communications providers and ensure work is on budget and on time.
- Relevant sector outreach initiatives and development of a corporate social media presence.
- Provide administrative support for relevant committees and working groups (agendas, notices, materials, minute taking, follow up on Action Items).
- Develop and implement membership recruitment and retention strategies.
- Perform other related administrative duties as required to support the management team.
- Bilingual or multilingual.
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of the pension or financial institutions and systems.
- Graphic design skills.
- Certified Association Executive designation.
- Experience as a database developer or business analyst.
This is a one-year mat leave contract position with the possibility of becoming permanent. The successful applicant will be compensated based on qualifications. The successful applicant will also be eligible for the health and dental plan benefits package.
Interested individuals can submit their resume and cover letter with salary expectations to -
The Portage Group Inc.
Attention: Jack Shand or Reg Watts
All applicants are thanked in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews are anticipated to occur in late July or August.
For additional information about AMI’s clients, please visit:
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications