Associate Manager, Marketing & Communications, GLC Asset Management Group Ltd.
- Great-West Life
- London, Ontario
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
We need a great investment writer with marketing know-how. If you are a self-starter, a stickler for accuracy and you genuinely enjoy learning and communicating about portfolio management, investment performance, the capital markets and the economy, we want to meet you!
GLC Asset Management Group Ltd. is a leading investment management firm with more than $50 billion in assets under management across a broad range of fixed income, domestic and global equity, balanced and asset allocation mandates. We have five distinct investment divisions, and each has a dedicated team of experienced portfolio managers, as well as its own investment philosophy and strategy. GLC Asset Management Group Ltd. (GLC) is a Canadian portfolio management subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company.
You will be part of a marketing, communications and business development team that shares GLC’s investment insights across the country. The role reports into London and is preferably based in London, Ontario.
You will be accountable for:
- Primary focus:
- Crafting content and highly professional marketing communications on a variety of technical, strategic, audience-specific topics with distinct distribution approaches (e.g. digital, social, published reports, featured topics)
- Ensuring communications and brand consistency for GLC and its divisions
- Maintain a detailed understanding of our internal division/portfolio managers’ investment approach, specific investment mandates, portfolio strategies, performance and market views
- This will include writing performance and outlook commentaries on a quarterly basis for over 50 distinct investment mandates under tight timelines
- Secondary focus:
- Project management and coordination of GLC marketing and communication initiatives
- Building open, collaborative relationships with a variety of business partners
Required Competencies and Behaviours:
- Excellent writing skills. Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating:
- proven ability to communicate technical and complex topics
- previous writing experience in an asset management firm
- proven ability to effectively promote portfolio management capabilities and investment funds
- Strong investment/economic knowledge
- Must be self motivated, organized and able to multi-task and prioritize jobs to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team player able to work in a collaborative environment
- Post secondary education in a business related discipline and/or equivalent experience and formal course work
- The following competencies will be seen as an asset:
- Experience interpreting output from Morningstar direct, Bloomberg or other technical tools and reports for portfolio data and performance attribution
- French language abilities
- Advanced PPT, document creation/formatting skills
- Experience managing corporate social media accounts
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications