Manager, Content Marketing (English Services) - TOR06494
Manager, Content Marketing (English Services) - TOR06494
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. We pride ourselves on operating with principles of creativity, integrity, and inclusiveness. If you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing media industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
CBC/Radio-Canada Media Solutions is looking for a Manager, Content Marketing who will develop revenue strategies and creative partnership opportunities for advertising clients on their portfolio of CBC brand businesses. The portfolio will include a mix of brands from our CBC Music, Entertainment, and News content areas. Reporting to the Director of Content Marketing, the Manager will develop high-impact marketing solutions and creative sponsorship opportunities for advertising clients leveraging CBC’s media assets (TV, digital, social, audio, experiential) to maximize the revenue potential of their portfolio and achieve fiscal revenue targets.
The Manager – Content Marketing will be a lead representative from CBC/Radio-Canada Media Solutions with content executives, producers, legal, communications, research and other production stakeholders on their portfolio. They must work collaboratively with these stakeholders to negotiate and build cross-platform partnership opportunities. They are responsible for producing compelling marketing collateral and sponsorship packages for their portfolio, as well as providing actionable content information to support the advertising sales activity behind their portfolio.
The Manager – Content Marketing creates the go-to-market plans for any revenue opportunities on their businesses and conducts regular presentations to brief the sales team on the opportunities available. They will set the pricing of sales packages and advise on optimal pricing strategies for creative media products. The Manager – Content Marketing will also offer support for activation project managers during the execution phase of any partnerships on their portfolio as necessary and may occasionally be required to lead the executions of partnership campaigns directly.
They will set the annual fiscal business plans and lead revenue reporting activities for their businesses.
Additionally, the Manager - Content Marketing may assist in product innovation work, helping to identify and implement new ad sales revenue products for CBC/Radio-Canada Media Solutions relevant to their content portfolio, with a particular focus on digital opportunities (social media, influencer marketing). They may conduct competitive reviews or any additional analysis necessary to optimize existing revenue streams and develop new ones.
If you’re someone who prides themselves on being both a strategic business manager and a creative marketer, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University-level degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Media Sales, Content Production (TV, digital) or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Marketing/Advertising (Consumer Marketing, Brand Activation, Promotions, Communications), Media, or Content Production in a role related to advertising.
- A self-starter. You are a proactive problem-solver and strategic thinker who prides themselves on delivering business results.
- Strong command of media and/or marketing strategy. Demonstrated experience developing exceptional cross-platform advertising campaigns, branded content, consumer promotions, digital/social marketing campaigns, and/or sponsorships.
- Ability to craft and deliver persuasive presentations. PowerPoint wizards, please apply! Graphic design and/or copywriting skills are assets.
- Superior negotiation skills and the ability to navigate complex projects to produce alignment on a solution.
- Passion for CBC’s content and the Canadian music industry, as well as a knowledge of the broader broadcast and digital/social media landscapes are strongly preferred.
- Creative thinking skills matched with strong business acumen. You are energized by finding new solutions to compete in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple varied priorities on a regular basis with many deadlines.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
- Flexibility. Some travel and evening/weekend work may be required for execution of client partnerships.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5b217ac0cf31760ee07be5e8/51fc022158b70066fae49f3e/en
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications