Manager, Digital Marketing
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone who can lead from where they are, starting small and thinking BIG to provide strategic leadership of NorQuest’s marketing, web, and digital teams to strengthen NorQuest’s brand and enhance learner experiences. We're looking for an experienced leader who can bring together people, strategy, change management, and relationships in the execution of strategic plans, gaining buy in through expertise and storytelling.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Manager, Digital Marketing develops and leads strategic, operational, financial, and personnel initiatives for NorQuest College’s marketing, web, and digital functions of the department. They will act as a strategic advisor to internal stakeholders on everything from best practices for digital strategy, creative and copy for each channel, and target audience strategy, and will provide strategic direction on the team for campaign set up, execution, tracking, and optimization.
The Manager provides leadership to dynamic teams that support learner acquisition, advance the NorQuest brand, and contribute to learner growth targets included in the college’s strategic plan. The Manager leads the development and implementation of NorQuest’s marketing efforts and online presence to enhance the college’s profile, deliver strategic and operational results, and create intuitive and accessible user experiences for our key audiences through a multitude of channels and tactics.
As a contributing member of NorQuest’s leadership team, the Manager participates in key college initiatives and committees, identifies emerging issues and impacts, and recommends strategies that align with the portfolio business plan and objectives. The Manager must apply strategic insight, demonstrating collaboration with internal and external stakeholders while pushing the boundaries to disrupt traditional marketing approaches, facilitating buy in and exceptional working relationships.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to the team and empowers them to self-direct their work.
- Promotes and fosters a creative and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to work to their highest potential and encourages peer-to-peer accountability.
- Models NorQuest’s values (the Qs) and lives NorQuest’s purpose everyday (being a difference maker).
- Promotes and leads a client-centric internal engagement model, positioning marketing as trusted advisors to other areas of the college.
- Fosters effective collaboration within Marketing and Communications in support of divisional and college business plans.
- Develops and manages an integrated digital marketing strategy to support NorQuest’s 2030 strategic goals. Develop unit business plans and assist with the coordination of planning for the Marketing & Communications portfolio business and strategic plan based upon analytics along with web and digital best practices.
- Oversee the strategic direction and development of integrated digital marketing campaigns and lead our marketing strategy and promotions across paid, earned, and organic channels.
- Implements technology, data collection and BI activities, in addition to coordinating market research, to make data-informed decisions for marketing and web and digital strategies.
- Works collaboratively with the Learner Experience portfolio and other areas of the college to create alignment and consistency across the student lifecycle.
- Works with the SEM (strategic enrolment management) entities to grow a target market share in key programming areas of focus.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are developed (as required), implemented and monitored, and that decisions and processes are coordinated and communicated within M&C and to other divisions of the College, and to the Director/VP, M&C.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the annual marketing strategy, assists with budget planning and forecasting, and quarterly reporting for the Marketing division.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A completed post-secondary degree in Commerce, Business, Management, Marketing, or related field.
- A graduate degree in a related field would be considered an asset.
- Professional development courses and/or completion of an accredited program in project management, IT management, digital marketing, web development, or related disciplines is an asset.
- 7+ years in progressively senior marketing leadership roles leading web and digital projects focused on developing solutions for enterprise-level customers.
- Experience managing marketing teams within complex organizations.
- Agency experience considered an asset.
- Experience, in senior leadership roles, implementing strategic and business plans including budgeting, setting performance management goals, and business objectives.
- Proven leadership experience and skills; demonstrated experience working with different levels of leadership to engage and influence positive outcomes.
- Experience developing marketing strategies in support of organizational business goals.
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER
As a difference maker you bring:
- Demonstrated success as a dynamic leader and mentor at the senior leadership level.
- A collaborative management style and experience building and sustaining teams and developing strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated strength in thinking globally, delivering results, handling complexities, and dealing with ambiguities.
- Creative and innovative problem-solver with a commitment to quality, customer service and accountability.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Director, Public Affairs & Communications
Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications & Brand
Capitalize for Kids
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
Director, Marketing and Brand Strategy
Head, Marketing and Customer Experience
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)