Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist
Do you enjoy challenging creative projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the marketing vision and showcase your marketing and communications skills? Are you excited by the idea of endless opportunity? If so, come grow with our award winning team!
Trailer Wizards is seeking a Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist to join our team at the Coast-to-coast Support Centre in Mississauga. The successful candidate will be assisting with the planning, development and management of communications and long-term marketing plans. This will include but is not limited to internal and external communications, advertising, events and sponsorships, marketing collateral, social media, and marketing operations.
The successful incumbent is a confident go-getter who loves a variety of tasks while staying on track with refined project management skills. If you love to drive projects forward and can work independently this job could be for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write, develop and manage content from key stakeholders to create internal communications on various platforms
- Scope, write, develop and manage external communications
- Develop external marketing relationships, including press, media and advertising contacts, charitable association relations, and industry associations.
- Recommend advertising mediums - print, digital or otherwise. Ownership of the advertising plan including creative management, execution and facilitation.
- Assist with the planning and management of industry and company events.
- Develop and execute marketing collateral within branding guidelines using various programs, such as Microsoft, Adobe Suite and InDesign.
- Create and manage social media strategy on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, including analytics and reporting.
- Responsible for marketing operations ensuring efficient processes, execution, and ability to track marketing initiatives; Ensure systems and collateral are up to date, including but not limited to website, merchandise, and printed materials.
- Support other support departments with marketing related inquiries ranging from signage, collateral, communications and general marketing support.
- Other duties include; research, competitive analysis, and survey design.
- A university or college degree in marketing, business or related discipline
- 7+ years of marketing and communications experience and/or related education/experience
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills. Able to converse in the language of marketing agencies, printers, programmers and advertisers.
- Vast experience in communications, from writing to content development and management
- Project management skills with strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines
- Knowledge of standard business applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic graphic design skills and publication experience with Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign programs an asset
- Basic web/HTML experience, including use of WordPress and HTML
- Experience using CRM
- Experience with and using social media
- Experience in the transportation industry is an asset
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Knowledge of Cross-border Marketing an asset
Trailer Wizards offers an excellent retirement plan and a top notch benefits package that includes an employee & family assistance plan, critical illness coverage & a healthcare spending account. We are an equal opportunity employer providing an above average pay package to above average employees as well as training opportunities. Work-life balance and family are important to us and we like to have fun.
If you want to join a growing company and work with some good people – then come grow with us! You can submit an online application at www.trailerwizards.com in the Careers section. Trailer Wizards is committed to accessibility. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications