Senior Manager, Marketing
Sunnybrook Foundation inspires lasting support for Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, one of Canada's largest and most dynamic health science centres impacting the lives of the more than 1.3 million patients it sees each year.
Together with our donor community, Sunnybrook Foundation raises critical funds for Sunnybrook's world class academic health sciences centre to achieve our shared vision to invent the future of health care. With ambitious goals ahead, the Foundation is committed to continuing to grow our results and impact as we help Sunnybrook to raise sights, uncover new possibilities, develop talent, and deliver exceptional care.
We are one team in pursuit of a common purpose – to inspire lasting support for Sunnybrook – and we are guided by our values: Build Connectedness, Act with Integrity, Meaningful Collaboration and Strive for Excellence.
The Senior Manager is a senior and passionate leader who will partner with the Director of Marketing & Communications in the development of the annual marketing communications plan, ensuring alignment with strategic direction and priorities for the Foundation. The incumbent will lead a team of 3 direct reports, oversee and execute the annual marketing and communications plan including financial management of assigned budget
- Champions the Sunnybrook brand strategy, working closely with Hospital partners, leads development of brand campaigns and integration of brand messaging in Foundation communications. Oversees execution of brand marketing campaigns
- Ensure the Sunnybrook brand is being consistently communicated across multi-channels and touch points to ensure effective communications for a mass audience
- Leads the Foundation’s integrated content strategy to support powerful storytelling across multi-channels including email, website, events, social media and advertising. Oversees content development and execution.
- Co-leads development of the annual RBC Race for the Kids Marketing plan in collaboration with the Senior Manager Digital Marketing and oversees PR, Social Media, Non-digital Advertising, in-hospital Communications and Media Sponsorship.
- Oversees development of all content and support materials for fundraising and donor stewardship, cultivation and recognition activities
- Oversees Foundation executive leadership social media channels and development of Foundation content for Hospital channels.
- Partner with Director of Marketing & Communications to advance Industry and Consumer Research, as well as KPI and measurement best practices across the marketing portfolio
- Manage the workflow and performance of the marketing communications team including: conducting mid-year and annual reviews, fostering opportunities for professional development, facilitating employee engagement strategies and opportunities for the team to actively live the Foundation’s values.
Skills and abilities required:
- Superior interpersonal and relationship skills to successfully engage with team members, partners, vendors, media and stakeholders to execute effective and creative campaigns
- Strategic thinker with a growth mindset to build and lead the successful execution of complex fully integrated marketing initiatives
- Fearless leadership with the ability to bring new and bold ideas forward to enhance the Foundations marketing capabilities
- Strong experience working in a team-based environment and managing direct reports
- Ability to be proactive and exercise independent judgment and initiative where required
- Leadership acumen to manage, coach, train and develop a performing team
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Effective manager with the proven ability to manage multiple projects over varying timelines, demonstrating excellence in prioritization and problem-solving
- Experience in a health-related environment or in a non-profit setting is an asset
To submit your application for this exciting role, please submit your resume HERE by November 10, 2023.
We know that everyone's career journey looks a bit different and experience comes in many forms. If you're unsure whether your experience matches all of the requirements but still think this would be a great fit, we encourage you to apply.
Sunnybrook Foundation values equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace and is committed to fostering a work environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work, are valued for their diversity, and feel a sense of belonging.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices. If you require accommodations during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise us when submitting your application.
Please be advised that proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment at Sunnybrook. The successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Director, Public Affairs & Communications
Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications & Brand
Capitalize for Kids
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
Director, Marketing and Brand Strategy
Head, Marketing and Customer Experience
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)