Marketing & Events Manager
The Marketing and Events Manager role delivers an innovative and strategic approach to brand awareness, event planning and execution that is routed in originality and value for clients with a view to attract, retain and expand a loyal client base.
You will play a key role in the planning and delivery of marketing initiatives and events in Edmonton ensuring initiatives are fully optimized, client opportunities are seized and results are understood over time. Working closely with the office leadership and the Business Development team while liaising with MBD colleagues across Canada and in other regions on global initiatives you will design and deliver fully integrated marketing and event plans and campaigns while managing the implementation of tactical activities driven by the office go-to-market strategy.
You will be expected to develop a strong knowledge of the Edmonton office expertise, capabilities, lawyers and clients along with the local Edmonton market. It’s about coordinating efforts, organizing people, disseminating information, improving processes, and tracking progress with the goal to drive revenue and enhance profile.
Design and deliver a fully integrated marketing and events plan for the Edmonton office guided by the Firm’s strategic plan, working with the BD team to incorporate initiatives generated by annual practice and sector business plans and an analysis of the market, clients, prospects and competition. This includes:
- Managing the implementation of tactical activities in the local market driven by annual business plans such as PR and communications opportunities, events, sponsorships / conferences, seminars/webinars, etc.; working with team members from across Marketing and Business Development on strategy and execution.
- Identify local market thought leadership opportunities and work with Digital and Communications team members to execute.
- Planning and driving participation in Edmonton client events from inception to execution, working with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver first class events;
- Instituting rigorous client focused analysis, pre-planning, execution, and follow-up for initiatives so client opportunities are seized;
- Standardizing pre and post-event tracking, feedback and reporting to highlight success or initiate a change in direction so events are fully optimized;
- Managing and building relationships with external vendors and associations and participating as an ambassador for Dentons at client events to create brand awareness and opportunities for the Firm;
- Managing database contact lists in InterAction working with lawyers and assistants;
- Monitoring trends in the local markets and local industry to identify innovative brand and marketing opportunities that align with the Firm and office strategic plans;
- Identifying, evaluating and recommending participation in sponsorship and table fund opportunities aligned with the Firm’s strategy;
- Managing the strategic vendor relationship and the sports and entertainment ticket allocations for internal and external clients in Edmonton;
- Managing the development and maintenance of general Edmonton office marketing collateral including digital presence;
- Planning, budgeting and administering the Edmonton budgets allocated to relevant marketing and events GLs;
- Managing the budgeting and administration of promotional items;
- Participating actively in the MBD team, sharing ideas, best practices, suggesting solutions to gaps in service delivery.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma/certificated in Marketing, Events management, major in Business or Marketing an asset.
- 5-7 years of experience in an events or marketing/communications role, experience in a professional services environment preferred; experience working within a virtual team setting an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the Firm.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships, and take direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Ability to consistently meet the needs of internal clients; including flexibility and perseverance.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, persuasion, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills with high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Commitment to privacy and ethics.
- Experience working with lawyers and other senior stakeholders to develop achievable goals and processes an asset.
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by email to:
Dentons Canada LLP
We believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to the success and strength of our firm. We believe that a proactive approach where we support and embrace our individual talents and differences enriches our firm, our professional practice and our communities. It offers us a broader perspective to foster more creative ideas and greater effectiveness, which enhances our ability to provide our clients with the best
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications