Advisor, Investor Communication & Awareness
The Alberta Securities Commission is the industry-funded regulator responsible for administering the province's securities laws. It is entrusted with fostering a fair and efficient capital market in Alberta and with protecting investors. As a member of the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA), the ASC works to improve, coordinate and harmonize the regulation of Canada's capital markets.
The Communications and Investor Education Division provides strategic communications counsel and support to all areas of the ASC to engage and educate internal and external stakeholders. The team promotes consistent, relevant and timely communication through internal communications, earned and social media, investor education activities and industry communications and education.
Reporting to the Director, Communications & Investor Education, and working with all members of the Communications & Investor Education team, this role is a critical member of the communications and investor education effort. This role will contribute to building and maintaining the overall brand and professional representation of the ASC through advertising and all communication tools, channels and materials.
Key responsibilities include
- Working with the team, including the Director, Communications and Investor Education, to refine and manage a multi-year awareness building, advertising, communications and education strategy and tactics that support the Commission’s mandate of investor protection.
- As part of implementing the strategy, work with members of the team, and external partners, to develop and implement initiatives that grab attention, build awareness of the ASC, create interest and foster investment literacy.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the ASC to evolve resources and content, including print materials, digital advertising, social media activity and supporting enhancements to the ASC’s websites, ensuring information is accurate, timely, relevant and engaging.
- Providing senior-level writing and editing services for all channels.
- Building and maintaining high-trust relationships and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders including vendors, community organizations and agencies and other regulators.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Creativity and an interest in reaching, engaging and helping Albertans.
- At least 10 years of directly related experience with a bachelor’s degree or diploma in marketing, communications, public relations, education or related field.
- Well-established planning and project management skills with an ability to think strategically.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to do research and better understand what target audiences need or want, how to successfully use traditional and digital advertising and a make the most productive use of communication channels – including websites, social media and email marketing.
- An understanding of how to manage, utilize and leverage data analytics.
- The ability to work proactively and reactively, independently and as a collaborative team member to create and drive new initiatives or enhance existing programs and partnerships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven success in interpreting, synthesizing and translating complex information into simple, compelling language.
Click the Apply For This Job Online button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by October 11, 2023 This position will work out of the ASC office located in Calgary, Alberta. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at the ASC including our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be found on our website at www.asc.ca.
We offer a hybrid work environment and flexibility, a competitive total rewards package consisting of 100 per cent employer-paid benefits, comprehensive health and dental, employee life insurance, short-term and long-term disability; retirement benefits; travel insurance; paid vacation time, flex and sick days; an employee family assistance program; transportation allowance, generous flexible spending account and professional development through subsidized courses, conference, workshops, seminars and in-house training. We also encourage fun and giving back to the community with initiatives offered through our ASC Social Club and annual United Way Campaign.
The ASC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Director, Public Affairs & Communications
Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications & Brand
Capitalize for Kids
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
Director, Marketing and Brand Strategy
Head, Marketing and Customer Experience
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)