Recreation Supervisor, Marketing Services
Reporting to the Recreation Manager, Business Planning and Creative Services, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising, organizing and coordinating the daily operations of the Marketing Services Division, and provides leadership, functional guidance and creative direction to the Marketing Designers. The Supervisor assists the Manager in the development of processes, policies, standards and practices, and the strategic planning process that supports service level standards and continuous improvement. The Supervisor is responsible for the implementation of marketing strategies across all channels to increase awareness of and participation in recreation programs, services, and events. This includes, but is not limited to, supervising the development and execution of marketing materials for print, digital, web, email, and social media platforms. The Supervisor is responsible for social media and website administration and management.
• Oversees graphic design, social media, website, eNews, signage, video, photography and marketing requests/initiatives/plans to increase awareness and drive participation in recreation programs, services and events.
• Oversees the development and execution of the department’s brand and visual identity.
• Oversees the administration of the department’s social media channels and website.
• Oversees communications on all platforms and acts as a liaison with the Corporate and Strategic Communications department to coordinate recreation related media products.
• Determines production requirements by reviewing departmental needs and media platforms/outputs; advises on scope, budget/scheduling factors and takes the necessary actions to develop the workflow of deliverables.
• Takes a lead role on accessibility in communications and website, social media and eNews content design and graphic design – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and identifies opportunities for solution implementation to enhance the user experience.
• Implements project deliverables by reviewing and approving art and content materials developed by staff.
• Provides on-site support (photography, videography, social media coverage) at Recreation Services City-led events as required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Four (4) year University Degree in Marketing or Design, or suitable equivalent.
• Minimum five (5) years related progressive experience in marketing communications and three (3) years supervisory experience preferably in a municipal environment.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered an asset.
• Ability to adapt to change and to existing initiatives to meet the needs of the departmental and corporate goals, objectives and initiatives.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in a range of core functions and operational processes of the division.
• Ability to analyze issues and problems, evaluate alternative solutions and develop sound conclusions, recommendations and courses of action.
• Ability to execute decisions and deliver results that are aligned with department goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in strategic planning, change management design, process and implementation strategies to optimize quality and cost-effectiveness of delivery of business areas.
• Proven ability to manage conflict, effectively problem solve, be capable of working under stressful conditions as well as possess organizational and analytical skills and abilities.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities, shifting priorities, regular workflow interruptions while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and build cohesive and motivated teams; promote collaboration, team processes, learning and development opportunities for staff.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, communication and negotiation/mediation skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial operating and capital budgets and business planning processes.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in content creation and strategy: copywriting, editing, technical writing, researching, social media and email marketing.
• Proven experience in all aspects of marketing communications including the development and implementation of strategic marketing campaigns and promotional initiatives.
• Proven ability to manage and analyze multiple marketing platforms including social media, (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, YouTube) and email marketing of subscription-based platforms (e.g., Constant Contact, MailChimp).
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in website management: user-friendly content design, search engine optimization and accessibility standards and compliance (SharePoint, Drupal).
• Experience with online recreation registration systems (Xplor Recreation is considered an asset).
• Knowledge with Canadian anti-spam legislation (CASL) is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in the City’s core and leadership competencies and relevant functional competencies.
• Ability to conduct oneself in a manner bestowing tact and diplomacy in a political environment, and when dealing with sensitive/confidential or controversial topics.
• Performs other related tasks and projects, as assigned, which are in accordance with job responsibilities or necessary departmental or corporate objectives.
• A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
• Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications