Lead - Health Marketing (Individual & Family)
The Marketing and Individuals and Families stream aims to generate and promote health marketing products that influence social norms and decision-making of individuals, communities, workplaces, and health care settings in support of cancer prevention. The work of the stream will be done through the development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative, evidence-based applied research projects. As a Marketing and Individual/Family Lead you will: Support achievements of the Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund (ACPLF) vision and mission through the development, implementation and oversight of marketing and communication strategies in support of the ACPLF business plan and strategic framework. Oversee and lead applied research projects in collaboration with the team Scientist to promote individual level behavior change through consistent messaging and development of tools and resources that engage Albertans in their daily interactions at home, communities, workplaces and seeking health care.
Reporting to the ACPLF Executive Director, you will: Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the team projects in collaboration with the Scientist and Evaluation Lead ensuring projects align with the ACPLF strategic plan and goals. Build and manage stakeholder relationships and oversee marketing work plans, budgets and contracts. Develop consistent cancer prevention and health promotion messages to different audiences. Other as required.
The Marketing and Individuals/Family Lead will: Have expertise in Health Marketing, branding, not-for-profit health promotion, project management and extensive management experience. Work directly with the Marketing Scientist and Leadership Team to develop, implement and oversee projects, as well as engage with marketing stakeholders. Work closely with AHS Communications to plan marketing and communication tactics in alignment with the overall AHS brand. Be very familiar with marketing stakeholders, health marketing research approaches used by other health, government or educational institutions, and understand best practice for health marketing and communication strategies. Support the development and implementation the ACPLF communication framework which could include, increasing the awareness of ACPLF prevention and screening projects through various approaches, including impact stories, scientific and general publications, health marketing, and social media etc. Support ACPLF communications plan, business planning, and management with development, revision, or update of strategic documents as needed. Provide leadership through effective communication, ethical decision making, and commitment to achieving established goals and objectives, ensuring outcome measurements and standards are enforced. Guide, advise and oversee the work of a team provide support all streams in their health marketing and communication activities. Identify staff development requirements and ensure they are met. Supervise, train, coach and supervise staff, act as a resource to staff in implementing projects.
- Eight years in Health Marketing and/or Health Communications and at least five years in a leadership role.
- Post-secondary education in marketing and/or communication.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Public Health, or a related field.
- Expertise in Behavior Change Theory and population health.
- Non-profit/government health marketing experience.
- Experience in health promotion, and chronic disease and cancer prevention.
- Experience in implementing and evaluating marketing interventions.
- Expertise in translating medical and cancer prevention information into compelling messages for different stakeholders and audiences.
- Expertise in health writing for senior leadership, and government.
- Experience working in a healthcare organization of significant size or NGO experience related to improving health or health advocacy.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary projects that involve multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to liaise with senior leaders in health service organizations, universities, government, and other marketing agencies/organizations.
- Strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Experience with strategic and business planning, budgeting, and operations management.
- Demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong ability to plan, organize and manage short and long term projects, and deliver customer-focused results.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting.
Please visit https://careers.albertahealthservices.ca/ and search for Requisition # ALB00001762 to apply.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications