VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
7 – Marketing; Public/Government Relations & Communications; Special Events and Projects; and Donor Recognition & Sponsorships.
The University Hospital Foundation seeks a mission-focused Vice President, Marketing & Communications who is passionate about working for an organization that is committed to advancing the health of Albertans. The successful candidate will inspire a high-performing team to drive a creative and integrated marketing, digital media and communications program in support of raising donor dollars.
The successful candidate will engage staff, peers, stakeholders, and donors, in order to best understand the complexity of the Foundation. Collaborative by nature, the Vice President, Marketing & Communications will exemplify a “one team” mentality as a member of the Senior Executive Team.
The Foundation seeks an individual who is strategic, collaborative, visionary, creative, engaging, inspiring and results-focused to lead the Marketing & Communications team. Additionally, they seek a passionately curious leader who demonstrates a bias to action, and a commitment to a positive organizational culture.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Senior Executive Team to further the strategic priorities of the Foundation;
- Partner with leaders across the Foundation to increase cross-departmental collaboration to achieve strategic fundraising goals;
- Engage with the Foundation’s key stakeholders (ie. Board, donors, site leadership, partners, volunteers, sponsors, etc.) capitalizing on opportunities for collaboration; and
- Offer council and support to the President in developing the strategic agenda to raise the profile and impact the Foundation has with key stakeholder groups.
Marketing and Communications Leadership:
- Develop and execute a creative, high impact marketing and communication strategy in alignment with the Foundation’s key strategic priorities to achieve fundraising goals;
- Oversee the marketing, communications (public, government, media relations and digital communications), events, Festival of Trees (volunteer coordinated friendraiser), lotteries (i.e. Full House Lottery), donor recognition and sponsorship mandates of the Foundation;
- Identify opportunities to elevate awareness and brand recognition with key stakeholders across all three hospital sites (University of Alberta Hospital, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and Kaye Edmonton Clinic);
- Working in alignment with key stakeholders within Alberta Health Services and the University of Alberta Hospital site to drive and transform the UHF brand to better represent and articulate the Foundation’s vision;
- Leverage internal and external marketing resources to drive performance and expand the donor base;
- Create a mechanism to measure the impact of marketing initiatives, especially as it relates to donor engagement;
- Integrate data analytics to drive higher impact programs;
- Champion the development of crisp, well-researched and relevant key messages;
- Execute a thoughtful, timely and forward-thinking media relations strategy;
- Ensure the Foundation is a leader in embracing new marketing and communications trends and best practices, especially with respect to digital and social media and traditional communications platforms; and
- Pursue strategic business partnerships to drive value for the Foundation’s marketing strategy.
- Inspire the team to achieve the Foundation’s vision of becoming the Canadian leader in healthcare philanthropy that `passionately engages the community’;
- Foster a strategic and creative approach to marketing and communications delivery;
- Illuminate a path to success for team members by establishing core competencies, key performance indicators and personal development goals; and
- Exemplify a culture of coaching and performance excellence to continually develop team capacity.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm in learning the strategic, operational, and contextual nuances of the Foundation and their key stakeholders;
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy which identifies milestones and measurable key performance indicators for the team;
- Undertake a strategic assessment of the Foundation’s brand strategy making recommendations for brand-architecture improvements;
- Build on an established digital marketing strategy to ensure the Foundation is at the forefront of dialogue that occurs in the digital space; and
- Ensure the marketing and communications team’s priorities are in alignment with and will advance the Foundation’s strategic priorities, namely raising funds in support of advancing healthcare in Alberta.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or equivalent;
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is desirable; and
- Professional membership and designation with the Canadian Marketing Association (CMA), Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) and/or the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading a marketing and communications portfolio with exposure to public, government and media relations;
- A track record of success working within a complex multi-stakeholder environment;
- Significant experience developing brand strategy;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with sales and or fundraising teams;
- Previous experience within a philanthropic organization is desirable; and
- Previous experience working in fundraising, lotteries, events, sponsorships, volunteers, and or donor recognition is desirable.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- A motivated leader who demonstrates individual drive and an uncompromising desire to achieve exceptional results;
- Embodies a creative thinking approach that inspires others to embrace an “imagine if” style;
- Promotes high-level cross-functional collaboration and establishes leadership credibility while influencing teams to achieve common goals;
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to distill complex issues into compelling communications;
- Possesses an uncanny ability to utilize available data, interpret emerging trends, transfer knowledge to peer executives and implement, as appropriate, to enable continued achievement of the Foundation’s vision;
- Approaches challenging circumstances and relationships with confidence and initiative;
- Leverages strong business acumen/sensitivity, thinks holistically, and incorporates overall Foundation objectives in developing team strategy and decisions; and
- Demonstrates leadership courage; appropriately challenges status quo and influences others.
A competitive and comprehensive package that incentivizes over achievements awaits the successful candidate.
Under Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, Optimum Talent requires your consent to provide you with information via email that is relevant to you. This may include electronic communications in regards to job opportunities that you are pursuing. Please click the following link in order to access and complete our online subscription form: http://www.optimumtalent.com/subscribe/
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications