As part of the integrated communications team and reporting to the Manager, Hospital Communications, the Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for the creation, coordination, and implementation of digital content to build awareness and support for Mackenzie Health and Mackenzie Health Foundation.
The integrated communications team supports both Mackenzie Health and Mackenzie Health Foundation and plays a pivotal role in delivering high-visibility communications projects and engaging key internal and external stakeholders. It is responsible for all digital communications, public affairs, marketing and stewardship deliverables across the organization.
The Digital Communications Specialist position is focused on planning, creating, managing and analyzing content for digital and social media channels to align with hospital and foundation marketing and strategic objectives and strategies – specifically maximizing community engagement and enhancing the organizations’ online presence. The incumbent will implement an enhanced digital strategy and act as a community manager for all social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube); develop and/or support the development of a variety of deliverables including proactive and reactive social media content for core business programs as well as events and key issues, and ensure website content on both the Hospital and Foundation sites is up-to-date, relevant and aligned with overarching communications and business plans.
• Develop and execute on a content calendar that identifies opportunities for engagement and visibility and that supports organizational communications, marketing and fundraising objectives
• Provide direction and advice from a digital perspective for communications planning
• Plan, develop/craft and post social media and website content
• Monitor, analyze and compile reports on data analytics across all social media and web platforms
• Proactively advise on improvements and enhancements
• Work with in-house graphic designer for graphic requirements to support the digital efforts (images, video, etc.)
• Monitor, engage and interact directly with social media audiences to address inquiries and drive positive sentiment and advocacy while exercising sound judgement by leveraging our social media platforms
• Collaborate with Corporate Webmaster to optimize SEM for websites and social media platforms, as well as ensure consistency and relevance of website content
• Update website content on both hospital and foundation websites as required, ensuring a continuous approach to monitoring
• Degree/diploma in marketing, communications, public relations or multimedia
• Minimum three years’ experience in social media demonstrating success with community growth and engagement
• Resident expert in social media tools and community management, trends, applications and emerging opportunities
• Proficient in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Adwords
• Flexible and able to multi-task with evolving timelines and priorities
• Organized and requires minimal supervision
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical and planning skills
• Able to maintain and work with confidential information
• Strong writing skills with ability to write in a manner that aligns with best practices for website and social
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job and to work evenings and/or weekends in support of community engagement and community events as required
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications