Coordinator, Marketing and Communications - Bilingual
Who we are
The Canadian Centre to End Human Trafficking (The Centre) is a national charity dedicated to ending human trafficking in Canada. To achieve this, we are committed to engaging with and providing support to victims, survivors, and stakeholders, including social service providers, law enforcement agencies, corporate partners, and government. We do this through education and awareness, policy development and advocacy, research and data collection, and convening and knowledge transfer.
We have available several positions for highly organized individuals to work as Hotline Response Advocates. This is a new role within the organization and the successful candidates will be the frontline contacts for callers to the Canadian Human Trafficking Hotline. Bilingualism (English-French) at a near native / advanced proficiency level is required for the position (written and oral). Reporting to the Hotline Response Manager, the team of Hotline Response Advocates will staff a 24/7/365 hotline call centre and respond to all incoming signals(calls, online tip forms, email, and chat). The Hotline Response Advocates receive shift supervision and case management oversight from Response Leads.
This position reports to the Marketing and Communications Officer.
(1) The activities that fall within the Coordinator, Marketing and Communication’s responsibilitiesrelated to organizational objectives include:
- Ensures that day-to-day operations of the Marketing & Communications Department are fulfilled in accordance with the objectives and timelines of the department’s yearly strategic and communications plans.
- Ensures that the Marketing and Communications Department remain up-to-date with marketing trends and requirements to ensure that marketing strategies comply with the latest practices and standards.
(2) The activities that fall within the Coordinator, Marketing and Communication’s responsibilities
related to the development and implementation of ideas, content, and materials include:
- Creates content and maintains The Centre’s internal and external channels, including social media, newsletters, website, and intranet.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of social media channels and adjusts as required
- Assists with developing and implementing a promotional strategy to reach, educate, and engage organizations to champion the Canadian Human Trafficking Hotline.
- Identifies and executes new and unique ways to promote the Canadian Human Trafficking Hotline to vulnerable populations and those working to assist victims and survivors.
- Maintains effective relationships with vendors and campaign partners related to the logistics of campaigns and marketing efforts.
(3) The activities that fall within the Coordinator, Marketing and Communication’s responsibilities
related to designing and maintaining administrative and operational processes include:
- Designs, implements, and maintains tracking, assessment, and reporting tools to support effective decision-making related to communications, marketing, and promotional efforts
- Compiles and analyzes campaign results to help measure success and to make recommendations that will influence future strategies.
- Designs, implements, and maintains administrative procedures to provide efficient and timely support of all communications, marketing, and promotional efforts.
- Designs and executes operational and administrative processes related to marketing materials development and distribution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educational focus in a relevant field (e.g. marketing, communications, media, business, etc.) or an acceptable equivalent in education and/or experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a coordination role within a marketing and/or communications department
- Proven ability to contribute ideas and methods to promotional campaigns/strategies
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with social media content creation and results evaluation
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the development and implementation of operational and administrative processes to provide support to marketing and communications efforts
- Bilingualism (English-French) at a near native / advanced proficiency level is required for the position
Qualities and skills
- Advanced organizing skills with evident commitment to operational support and problem-solving
- Ability to work on multiple projects whose goals, schedules and deadlines converge and conflict
- Analytical thinker
- Highly-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail
- Flexible and able to work collaboratively as a part of a small organization
Survivors of human trafficking are encouraged to apply.
The Centre respects and adheres to the Ontario Human Rights Code in all recruitment, hiring and staffing practices.
The Centre is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Bilingual applicants may be asked to participate in a test of French-language fluency.
Please note that all employees are subject to a criminal background check.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply with a recent resume and cover letter detailing their interest in the position and how they meet the language requirements. Completed resumes and cover letters, including salary expectations, should be submitted by October 25, 2019.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications