(MARKETING) COORDINATOR, PLANNING RECREATION SERVICES (18 MONTHS CONTRACT)
This role reports to the Senior Planning Coordinator, Recreation Services and is one of the Division’s primary drivers in researching, developing and modernizing Recreation marketing and communications in alignment and cooperation with Strategic Communications partners. The position is responsible to coordinate marketing campaigns across lines of business in the Recreation Division to ensure objectives align and information is presented in a consistent and unified manner. Working closely with Information Technology and Strategic Communications, the incumbent ensures that work within the Recreation Division is seamlessly connected with the overall image of the City by acting as a professional contact to meet recreation business needs and service standards.
- Work closely with Communication Advisors to provide day-to-day coordination, guidance and support for Recreation communication plans across lines of business.
- Co-ordinate project initiatives to meet operational needs and corporate service standards.
- Conduct information interviews with appropriate staff and prepare relevant questionnaires for validation of information content.
- Work closely with Communications Advisors to standardize marketing material across the Recreation division, to improve and augment current materials and integrate with the overall image of the City of Brampton
- Act as a key source of contact and provide guidance, advice and support to ensure coordination meets operational needs and corporate service standards.
- Escalate complex issues to appropriate level for resolution.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure development and production of materials meets divisional budgets, targets and objectives.
- Arrange for display of information at Recreation locations across the City.
- Build and maintain a relationship with cross-functional departments, team and management to support coordination and ensure a thorough understanding of operational needs.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- Prepare management reports, presentations and general ad hoc information as required accurately by established timelines.
- Participate and deliver topical information at special events and internal team meetings.
- Develop, advance and improve Recreation web presence/portal strategy, working with Strategic Communications and Information Technology to facilitate improved customer interaction on line.
- Co-ordinate and support internal and on-line digital media initiatives.
- Ensure social media updates from Recreation centres are provided in a timely basis for inclusion through corporate social media channels. Work collaboratively with Strategic Communications to ensure the timing and delivery of these updates help to meet or exceed divisional business objectives
- Provide the public with Recreation industry awareness and information in consultation with Recreation professionals through various marketing channels.
- Work with Recreation staff and external stakeholders (e.g. Region of Peel Public Health, etc.) to market, promote and engage residents on Healthy Community Initiatives
- Conduct Recreation specific research using internal and external resources to gain insight of market trends, current programs, processes and practices to support management and recommend ways to improve communication messaging.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement the annual Recreation marketing plan within budgetary limits.
- Track and report on trends in social media, specific to the recreation industry.
- Provide recommendations regarding social media strategy.
- Act as the division’s primary point of contact in responding to inquiries through social media and 311.
- Maintain knowledge of collective agreements, City policies and practices, legislation, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Use of effective resource and expense management at all times to meet corporate policies and guidelines.
- Assists in tracking of the marketing budget.
- Co-ordinate RFP’s, purchase orders to ensure purchasing and corporate compliance.
TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION
- Participate in project coordination and team meetings as required to meet operational needs.
- Work well within diverse groups in support of operational goals and objectives.
- Interact and collaborate with staff to improve and determine design and delivery opportunities that will promote communication.
- Recommend improvements based on research and best practices to Director, Recreation and Manager, Recreation Services.
- Demonstrate corporate values at all times.
- Co-ordinate activities of Recreation staff used to engage the public during events and marketing campaigns.
- Participate as a member of cross-functional teams.
- Provide support/backup as necessary.
- Provides guidance and direction and allocation of work to Assistant, Research and Analysis position, in conjunction with Co-ordinator, Recreation Services.
- Provides guidance and work direction to students and other part-time staff
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism or equivalent related field
- 3-5 years marketing or communication related experience preferably in a municipal or community related organization.
- Proven experience in marketing and campaign development are assets.
- Thorough Knowledge of Municipal, Regional, Provincial and Federal Governments and applicable Legislations is an asset
- Ability to identify business needs, initiate and coordinate project resource requests
- Solid Customer Service and People Management skills; Interface with internal and external customers to meet corporate service standards
- Proven marketing and promotional planning skills.
- Solid Organizational skills; Detail oriented, well organized able to coordinate activities and tasks meeting conflicting priorities and timelines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office/software
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications