- The Vector Institute
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
The Vector Institute is seeking a highly creative and talented Graphic and Web Design Specialist to join our Marketing and Communications team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing Vector’s brand across all internal/ external channels, creating, and maintaining a visual and creative web and graphic design presence with consistency within brand guidelines for Vector. This role requires a high level of technical proficiency in web design and graphic design as well as experience managing demands from internal/external “clients” and collaborating directly with non-design stakeholders.
- Create graphic design materials and creative assets for presentations, infographics, brochures, and other marketing materials;
- Work with the Vector Institute team to determine the design and branding needs for various projects and initiatives;
- Develop and design visually appealing and user-friendly website assets, landing pages, and online resources for the Vector Institute;
- Create digital marketing assets such as banner ads, email blasts, and images for social ads as well as videos;
- Provide advice and guidance on the aesthetic for campaigns, projects, and promotional creative for in-person/ virtual events - as well as execute all design elements;
- Create detailed storyboards and visual designs from creative briefs;
- Design and deliver motion graphics optimized for video as well as select, edit, and incorporate third-party content (b-roll/stock video and photography), as needed;
- Develop and edit titles/graphics for Vector's event video recordings (i.e., editing, sound design/mix, colour correct/final online etc.);
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure that all designs align with the brand image and style guides, while also meeting usability, accessibility (AODA) and website standards;
- Ensure consistency in designs and content across all company platforms;
- Support and create assets for co-branding initiatives and maintain logs and regularly audit for channel partners, organizational partners, and others across Vector’s ecosystem who are leveraging Vector’s brand marks/branding for accuracy (ex; Vector sponsors, health partners, funders etc.)
- Manage and maintain oversight for Vector’s partner’s logos, brand marks, and creative assets ensuring they are updated and accurate on all Vector-collateral and public channels;
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and new technologies related to web and graphic design; and,
- Collaborate with the Vector Institute’s Marketing and Communications team to ensure consistency and coherence in the institute’s visual identity and online presence.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A portfolio of relevant work is required as a part of the application process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in graphic design, web design, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in graphic and web design
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), social media creative tools (ex; Canva) and video editing tools
- Strong understanding of user experience design principles and ability to create visually appealing and user-friendly designs as well as through social media channels
- Excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills - ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at the same time, prioritizing independently
- Great listening skills - not afraid to ask questions to better understand the goals of a project
- Experience working with a style guide and brand
- Strong skill set in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well under tight deadlines
- French language proficiency is an asset, but not required
- Your designs have impact and stand out, making brilliant first impressions
- You are trusted by colleagues to bring their content to life in creative and compelling ways
- You take full ownership of your projects, meeting critical deadlines and communicating with stakeholders at key stages
- Your passion for design and keen eye for trends makes you a key contributor with a ‘creative lens’ in marketing campaign concepting and brainstorm sessions
- You are always looking for the next opportunity to raise the ‘design’ bar to support a fledgling brand
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
At the Vector Institute, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion and are committed to providing a work environment that is respectful, fair, and supportive. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from diverse communities, such as Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups.
If you are passionate about graphic and web design and have a desire to work in a fast-paced and innovative environment, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Sameera Ali, Talent Acquisition Specialist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is March 20, 2023.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications