- Ontario Science Centre
- $1,451.52 - $1,809.51 per week
- Job ID 139886
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Join the Ontario Science Centre as we implement exciting new strategies and celebrate our 50th birthday in 2019. As one of Canada’s most visited cultural attractions and a world-renowned learning institution, we inspire passion for the human adventure of discovery. The Centre hosts up to a million visitors each year, and offers hands-on experiences and insights into science and technology that help visitors of all ages understand and contribute to the world around us.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Team Lead, Marketing, you will:
- Lead teams that build, sustain and advance marketing strategies to deliver high-quality, creative and distinctive brands that provide a personalized and connected experience for Science Centre visitors.
- Lead the development and delivery of strategic marketing plans and campaigns that support business goals which include increasing visitor attendance and revenues, attracting new and diverse audiences, and deepening the engagement of existing audiences to create brand advocates.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead, plan and act as a subject matter expert on integrated digital and traditional marketing strategies that advance business objective, and drive attendance.
- Lead and oversee all phases of marketing strategies that improve the organization’s digital presence, drive increased public engagement; promote exhibits, programs, public education, camps, recreational/facility bookings and membership registration.
- Present research/evaluation results and explain return on investment on marketing methods to promote digital marketing strategies.
- Develop and apply performance measures, metrics and tools; monitor and provide ongoing assessment of digital marketing tactics by extracting insights from key market segments and performance indicators.
- Develop project management tools, priorities, timelines; ensure project goals and timelines are on track and within budget; identify gaps, recommend solutions and identify opportunities to promote innovative digital strategies to senior management.
- Coach and provide guidance to department staff on emerging digital products and services; guide staff in the development of digital tools and tactics to support overall strategic planning.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with business partners, stakeholders and internal teams to translate business requirements and creative strategies into engaging digital marketing experiences.
- Manage relationships with vendors to ensure effective implementation of marketing components and strategic communication plans are aligned to standards and procedures.
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Relationship Management Skills
You have leadership and relationship management skills to:
- Lead and guide department staff while working cooperatively with colleagues and senior management to develop, coordinate and implement digital strategies.
- Provide guidance to staff on emerging digital products and services and in the development of digital tools and tactics to support overall strategic planning.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships within and outside the Ontario Science Centre and Ontario Public Service to ensure marketing services align with strategic goals and objectives.
- Build and manage relationships with senior management to provide effective communication and marketing support for program initiatives and consult with program managers on digital and traditional marketing strategies.
Marketing, Digital Communication and Technical Knowledge
You have marketing, digital communication and technical knowledge of:
- Communication principles, theories, standards and best practices to provide specialized advice to senior management.
- Current and emerging trends, technologies and best practices regarding the design and management of digital/creative communication products and services.
- Standards, legislation, directives and best practices related to marketing/advertising to ensure advice is accurate and compliant with applicable legislation.
- Standards for design regarding the accessibility of public communication materials (e.g. French Language Services Act, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act).
Research, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
You have research, analytical and problem-solving skills to:
- Identify potential issues, recommend solutions and provide insight regarding opportunities in digital marketing trends to maximize communication effectiveness.
- Maintain awareness of innovative changes in marketing practices to ensure advice is accurate and current for senior/program management and lead research, testing and evaluation of new strategies.
- Identify training needs to ensure the smooth functioning of marketing service delivery.
- Analyze performance measure evaluations/reports to evaluate and interpret the delivery of marketing services and gather consumer insights that improve visitor experience and return-on-investment.
Project Management Skills
You have project management skills to:
- Provide effective direction and guidance to project teams on an ongoing basis to support project timelines; obtain agreement on deadlines to achieve high quality marketing services.
- Plan and manage all phases of large-scale communication/marketing initiatives to ensure project deliverables are met within budget.
- Assess project needs, develop objectives/metrics and analyze outcomes to ensure project success.
- Administrative directives, policies and procedures related to vendor management to purchase strategic marketing services.
Salary Range: $1,451.52 - $1,809.51 per week
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 770 Don Mills Rd, Toronto, Toronto Region
Interested applicants must apply online, by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 139886 in the Job ID search field. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Senior Brand Manager
Marketing Manager, Business Events / Gestionnaire…
(MARKETING) COORDINATOR, PLANNING RECREATION SERV…
City of Brampton
PROFESSEURE OU PROFESSEUR EN MARKETING
UNIVERSITÉ DU QUÉBEC À RIMOUSKI (UQAR)
Senior Associate Vice-President, Strategic Commun…
University of Calgary