Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services. Generous donors make our work possible.
As a Parkinson Canada Employee, we believe in being:
Bold by embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
Compassionate by striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
Collaborative by working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
Trustworthy by keeping our word and always doing what we promise.
WHAT WE NEED
As an integral part of Marketing Communications, a pan-Canadian team that presents an integrated and unified Parkinson Canada brand and messaging for diverse stakeholders and public engagement, the Manager, Digital Engagement will plan, build and execute integrated marketing campaigns to achieve business objectives using social media platforms, email, search engine and website (PPC, SEO, SEM).
The successful candidate leads Parkinson Canada’s public engagement through social media platforms and interacts with various stakeholders to deliver messages effectively to various target audiences. In addition, the qualified candidate works closely with cross-functional teams to generate compelling content that engages individuals and fulfils campaign goals.
The Manager, Digital Engagement operates as the project manager for the in-house marketing communications team and ensures that projects and campaigns are delivered on time and on budget.
As the successful candidate, you will bring your “can do” creative personality and attention to detail to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Achieve business goals (audience engagement, website traffic, revenue targets) by using all digital marketing channels as part of the integrated Marketing Communications strategy for Parkinson Canada
- Develop a social media roadmap that aligns with the integrated Marketing Communications Strategy and Strategic Plan for Parkinson Canada
- Supervise and support production of content by the Digital Marketing Content Creator and Website Content Coordinator to maintain and supply content (copy, images, videos, infographics) for the organization's website, social media and search engine campaigns
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns; manage related budget
- Define metrics for campaigns and activities; monitor and analyze data metrics for various channels; report on metrics; adjust tactics to achieve desired outcomes; transform raw data into actionable business insights through statistics and data models
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics, and PPC campaigns
- Develop editorial calendar for Parkinson Canada social media platforms; maintain content and oversee paid social advertising for local offices including events, support group and archives information; liaise with revenue development team for same
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams responsible for social media posts, email, blogging and website content; support content contributors from other departments to populate social channels with appropriate content and messaging, ensuring consistent voice and brand messaging
- Facilitate testing and approval process for all digital communications deployed by the department. Track and communicate results to internal stakeholders as required
- Maintain social media editorial calendar using Meltwater Engage Platform
- Develop and disseminate social media messages (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) that support the organization’s social strategy; ensure the social media policy is followed by internal stakeholders
- Monitor social media and facilitate conversations on behalf of the pan-Canadian organization; maintain consistent brand voice and provide guidance to local users regarding best practices; track and report results
- Keep informed about digital marketing best practices, trends and standards and mentor colleagues as required; keep informed of the updates to Google’s Algorithm
Project Management and Integrated Marketing
- Monitor the Parkinson Canada Master Communications Calendar regularly to ensure communications are produced and deployed on time; identify opportunities for effective message deployment; liaise with cross-functional teams to ensure potential scheduling and audience targeting conflicts are resolved
- Plan, monitor and report all team activities using project management tools and creative briefs
- Liaise with internal clients to ensure content is created and deployed to achieve objectives
- Manage digital assets in shared environment
Website and Graphic Design
- Manage the production of digital content and assets, ensuring graphic elements align with Parkinson Canada brand standards
- Support Web & Digital Communication Coordinator as required to maintain web properties
- Monitor website for stale content and work with stakeholders to ensure content is current
- Provide support to other departments as required to provide content that is relevant and engaging
- Consult with cross-functional teams and local offices to support the development of content on web and digital properties managed outside of the Marketing Communications team
- Maintain and update communication resources for internal and community stakeholders, such as local support groups/chapters
Contributes to team effectiveness
- Contribute to the development of annual operating plan and budget for the department to support organizational objectives
- Lead team meetings and provide ideas for improving integrated marketing activities; measure results and contribute to management reporting; gather insights to demonstrate impact of Parkinson Canada’s operations
- Participate in Parkinson Canada Management team meetings providing input and ideas to support consistent marketing communications practices across the organization
- Participate in fundraising and awareness activities including signature events
- Provide excellent customer service and collaborate with staff in other departments and local offices
- Supervise volunteers and interns as required
WHAT IS NEEDED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- University or college education or equivalent formal post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Fundraising or similar discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years marketing communications experience, with a diverse background in writing, graphic design and online copy
- Highly developed customer service skills to ensure effective collaboration with diverse stakeholders in-person, online and via telephone
- Experience in setting digital strategy and implementing tactics on behalf of an organization
- Demonstrated track record of effectively developing and integrating content across multiple channels and platforms in a manner that elevates the brand, increases traffic and ensures inbound leads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid proof reader with a high degree of consistency and accuracy, striving for error-free content at all times
- A keen interest in technology and web platforms with demonstrated proficiency in a variety of digital applications including social media platforms, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative suite
- Working knowledge and understanding of HTML coding, basic CSS without the use of a WYSIWYG editor
- Understanding of Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation and electronic marketing principles
- Familiar with online communication legislation, privacy, best practices, and list segmentation
- Able to learn and apply new technologies with working knowledge of email marketing and digital communication technology platforms such as Blackbaud’s Convio Luminate Online
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including active listening and effective collaboration skills
- Effective project manager with a demonstrated ability to multitask, manage multiple deadlines and be flexible to changing priorities
- High integrity, ability to be confidential and deal with sensitive information in a professional manner
- Bilingual (French) is a strong asset but is not required
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Join a team that celebrates diversity and inclusion and values work-life balance. We offer comprehensive benefits, generous time-off and vacation and opportunities to make a difference. If you are passionate about applying your knowledge, skills and experience to improve the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s, then this role is for you! Please send your résumé in confidence, stating salary expectations by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9
Please quote Reference #MDE-0919
Parkinson Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please indicate accommodations as required if contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Senior Brand Manager
Marketing Manager, Business Events / Gestionnaire…
(MARKETING) COORDINATOR, PLANNING RECREATION SERV…
City of Brampton
PROFESSEURE OU PROFESSEUR EN MARKETING
UNIVERSITÉ DU QUÉBEC À RIMOUSKI (UQAR)
Senior Associate Vice-President, Strategic Commun…
University of Calgary