Marketing Manager, Facial Tissue (Contract 13 Months)
The Marketing Manager, Facial Tissue reports to the Category Director – Facial Tissue.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Category Director – Facial Tissue in managing the Scotties facial tissue brand to ensure the annual business objectives are met.
The Marketing Manager executes marketing programs including consumer promotions, coupon activities and website updates. The Marketing Manager is responsible for communicating marketing support activities with Sales and Trade Marketing. The incumbent is expected to provide recommendations on assigned projects and accountabilities covering such areas as budget control, packaging and consumer promotions. He/she will achieve this by keeping up-to-date on all trade publications and information updates available to the Marketing Team.
The incumbent is accountable for executing packaging changes by working with key external suppliers including the packaging design agency, pre-press supplier and printers as well internal groups such as Product Development, Logistics and Mill Purchasing.
The Marketing Manager – Facial Tissue is responsible to provide and maintain accurate market information required to assist the Category Director develop the overall marketing strategy. These information sources include Nielsen and other syndicated research, store audits, consumer surveys, personal observations in the field when requested, and the Director of Consumer Market Research along with other departments such as Quality Assurance which may be able to supply statistical information relevant to the marketing process.
The Marketing Manager will complete the annual Business Review and assist the Category Director with the Marketing Plan.
Managing the Advertising & Promotion budget is also a key responsibility. Key tasks in this process include creating Purchase Orders, coding invoices, budget reconciliation, determining monthly accruals and regularly reporting deviations from budget.
To achieve these objectives, the Marketing Manager works closely with internal functional groups including Sales, Trade Marketing, Finance, Product Development and Logistics as well as agency and promotional partners, packaging suppliers and partnership personnel including Curling Canada, the Canadian Cancer Society and the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation.
The Marketing Manager manages the execution of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts sponsorship under the direction of the Category Director – Facial Tissue. Key responsibilities include leading the execution of Provincial playdowns, completing the TV advertising rotation, coordinate new curling magazine creative, ordering promotional materials such as pins, managing website updates and completing internal newsletter communication, managing the $1 million STOH budget, managing the post event evaluation and recommending revisions to the Director.
The Marketing Manager also manages the breast cancer cause support that spans across Scotties, Cashmere, Purex and SpongeTowels.
- Execute consumer promotions, tactical initiatives and website updates and ensure all information is communicated both internally and externally.
- Monitor, analyze and report competitive activity including advertising and pricing. Regularly update competitive product samples.
- Complete monthly reports including FT Monthly update, Nielsen analysis and QA report.
- Through the AIM process, launch new Facial Tissue SKU’s from idea submission through to completion by managing internal stakeholders including Product Development, Sales and Finance.
- Execute packaging changes by coordinating activities with external suppliers and mill employees.
- Assist with the execution of advertising and Public Relations initiatives.
- Manage Scotties Facebook initiatives and provide admin support for promotion and product related consumer posts.
- Complete the annual Business Review and assist in the preparation of the Marketing Plan as well as category reviews.
- Manage the Advertising & Promotion budget including Purchase Orders, invoicing, reconciliation and monthly accruals.
- Oversee the multi-brand breast cancer cause support for Scotties, Cashmere, Purex and SpongeTowels.
- Manage the Scotties Tournament of Hearts sponsorship.
- Education: University degree or MBA with Marketing focus
- Experience: 3-5 years of marketing experience; Assistant or Brand Manager level in packaged goods marketing. Advertising exposure an asset.
- Technical: Proficient in all Microsoft support software; Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as Workstation Plus
- Specific skills; excellent project management and multitasking, analytical, creative, excellent written and presentation skills, ability to lead and manage others, package design development experience and demonstrate a keen interest in design or fashion.
Kruger Products is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Kruger Products but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications