Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Are you known for your leadership skills, expert analysis, relationship building, and innovative thinking? Do you want to provide strategic communications advice and support on historic transit projects? If so, the Strategic Communications Office wants you to join them as Team Lead.
This position oversees the Agency Relations Team, which provides strategic communications (e.g., announcements, media events, etc.) support on items related to the Ministry of Transportation's agencies – Metrolinx, the Ontario Northland Transportation Commission and the Owen Sound Transportation Company – which oversee transit infrastructure development and deliver transit service in Ontario.
Come be a part of the exciting and fast-paced team helping to communicate the transformative transit projects taking place across the province!
Note: This position is located at 777 Bay Street, Toronto, ON; however, alternate work arrangements may be available.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Lead, and provide strategic advice on, communications related to ministry and transportation agency programs, projects, policies and initiatives, including on transformative transit projects such as the priority subway projects (including the Ontario Line, Yonge North Subway Extension, Scarborough Subway Extension, Eglinton Crosstown West Extension), Hamilton Light Rail Transit, and Northeastern Passenger Rail, among others.
• Build strong relationships and networks to support collaboration among partners, stakeholders and staff.
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Project Management Skills
• You have the skills to effectively lead groups and supervise communications staff to achieve successful outcomes.
• You consult on communications products and processes, objectives and deadlines, and provide briefings on results and progress.
• You can plan, prioritize and handle multiple, concurrent assignments.
• You can work effectively across organizational boundaries.
• You have organizational skills to meet frequently tight and conflicting deadlines.
• You can coordinate analysis and integration of information from multiple sources.
Interpersonal and Relationship-Building Skills
• You provide clear direction when assigning tasks and can monitor and review work for quality outcomes.
• You can develop consensus and support for communications-related strategic initiatives.
• You ensure coordinated input from all key players.
• You work with stakeholders to resolve issues, and to provide strategic advice.
• You can build and maintain positive relationships with staff and stakeholders.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You use your problem-solving skills to identify emerging issues, develop and recommend improvements, and ensure alignment with organizational priorities.
• You can concurrently research and analyze multiple complex issues and make recommendations on resolution for each.
• You have experience developing and presenting reports and briefing materials.
• You have demonstrated oral and written communication abilities.
Salary Range: $80,595 - $117,142 Per Year
- 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, February 10, 2023, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 193218 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Vice President, Business Development - Canadian H…
Canadian Hearing Services w/ MIRAMS BECKER
Executive Director, Business Development and Stra…
Phelps - Fanshawe College
Manager, Brand & Community (English Services) - T…
Membership & Communications Coordinator
The National Club
Web & Marketing Officer
The York School