Web & Marketing Officer
Full Time Permanent
One of Canada’s leading gender inclusive IB Schools, founded in 1965, The York School is a place where learning extends beyond the classroom and students are challenged to realize their full potential and discover who they want to be.
In two state-of-the-art campuses in the heart of Toronto, The York School brings together an innovative and progressive employee experience and fosters a caring and inclusive environment.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Web & Marketing Officer works in collaboration with members of the External Relations team to steward The York School brand across all digital platforms and channels. Actively focused on engaging stakeholders, the Website & Marketing Officer develops and implements the school’s established and developing digital and social marketing communications strategies.
- Ensure The York School’s marketing communications initiatives are integrated and consistent with the vision, mission and objectives of the School and effectively champions and represents the brand
- Maintain an attractive and user friendly, updated and fully functional internal and external website
- Design engaging and responsive landing pages and liaise with back-end developers to properly integrate York’s Content Management System (CMS) through programming and coding as necessary
- In collaboration with IT and other internal stakeholders, lead the design and development of the user experience for York’s intranet
- Employ industry and design best practice through the website development and ensure website function and stability across devices, i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet
- Coordinate, monitor and maintain all website content to ensure it is accurate, up to date, written in plain English and meets usability and accessibility standards
- Work closely with marketing team members to incorporate brand elements and relevant market research findings into York’s website
- Providing internal support and external customer service throughout the build and launch process of the website
- Create, design and distribute a weekly e-newsletter for York families
- Collaborate and support the Marketing and Communications team on social media posting
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports on website and social media performance
- In collaboration with other members of the Marketing & Communications team and other External Relations team members design and develop creative campaigns that support the school’s efforts in the areas of admissions, philanthropy, alumni relations, and commercial activities
- Provide support and guidance to third-party agencies in the implementation of the school’s communications strategies and in particular digital based campaigns
- Ensure The York School is constantly exploring and leveraging the latest technology to enhance its brand and market presence
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Post-Secondary education in communications, web development, digital media, graphic design, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of professional web design and digital marketing experience
- Attention to detail and the ability to implement big picture ideas and concepts
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva and other relevant design tools
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography
- Strong knowledge of social media applications, notably Hootsuite
- Ability to create content for mobile platforms
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills to help with digital asset management and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work within a team environment and manage multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to manage projects through all stages of production
THE YORK SCHOOL'S CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Breadth of Contribution
- Relationship Focused
- Service Orientation
- Communication & Collaboration Inclusivity
- Integrity & Trust
- TYS Campus, Toronto
- Some weekend and evening work required
- Some lifting required (including lifting of travel display materials)
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY:
Employees at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders in their field, they are collaborative, open to change and committed to improving lives through education. We are committed to professional development, and provide a competitive compensation, Ontario Teachers Pension Plan (OTPP) and benefit package to our employees.
At The York School, we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe school environment for all. Consistent with this commitment, the school has established a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees and students to be vaccinated from COVID-19. Exemption to this policy is based on medical condition. In addition, employees must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
THE YORK SCHOOL VALUES DIVERSITY:
At The York School, our mission is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are engaged citizens of the world. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. The York School will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416- 926-1325.
HOW TO APPLY:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here by submitting their cover letter and resume by February 1, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Vice President, Business Development - Canadian H…
Canadian Hearing Services w/ MIRAMS BECKER
Executive Director, Business Development and Stra…
Phelps - Fanshawe College
Manager, Brand & Community (English Services) - T…
Ministry of Transportation
Membership & Communications Coordinator
The National Club