The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
The Marketing & Communications team at The University of Toronto Scarborough is growing and we are looking for dynamic, innovative digital storytellers to join us. Our team is a highly collaborative group of Marketing Communications professionals, driven to find new and creative ways to reach our audiences. We uncover the most inspiring and impactful stories from our communities and share those moments with audiences locally, nationally and internationally. We bring the U of T story to life, every day.
We are looking for a talented artist with experience in print, digital and motion design. If you are interested in working with an iconic Canadian brand, are excited at the prospect of being a part of a purpose driven organization with a social conscience, and thrive in a fast-paced team environment, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Innovative, convention-challenging, agile creatives are asked to apply! Whether you are from higher education, media, retail, non-profit, or another sector, bring your talents to our team.
Join us and help share the U of T Scarborough story.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and producing graphic designs that reflect departmental and/or divisional objectives
- Performing design processes that require great precision and attention to many details
- Consulting with and advising clients on graphic design
- Designing graphic elements for digital and online media (print, digital and motion)
- Developing project schedules including milestones, critical path, timelines, deliverables and reporting
- Providing art direction for video productions that supports the target objectives of the audience and visual appearance
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) in Graphic Design, Creative Arts, Media Arts or other disciplines relevant to the position, or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum five years' experience in graphic design in an advertising or in-house environment
- Experience in using workflow management applications such as Asana, Basecamp. or comparable software
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Animate, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience designing for digital/interactive (websites, banner ads, emails, apps), print expertise (brochures, annual reports, posters, ads), animation and motion graphics skills for digital and broadcast
- Demonstrated visual design skills in a variety of mediums (web, mobile, social, motion)
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, best practices, techniques and associated principles
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects concurrently and often competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to build complex design packages and presentations as well as experience with branding
- Develop and support marketing and branding tools and templates that enhance efficiency
- Superior communications skills both oral and written
- Extensive experience with graphic design for social media and digital platforms
- Experience working in a complex organization
- Experience working with internal clients and external partners
- Experience in corporate brand adherence, development, and execution
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain brand consistencies
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently, and collaborate well with creative direction
- Strong prioritizing, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Knowledge of UX principles and best practices and how they can be applied to design
- Experience with photography and video an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of AODA compliance is an asset
- Experience designing for broadcast and digital media platforms an asset
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
Notes: Please include a link to your demo reel or portfolio with your application.
A copy of the full job description is available upon request from the UTSC HR Office.
Employee Group: United Steelworkers (USW)
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: USW Pay Band 12 -- $69,730 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $89,172. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Field: Communications / Media / Public Relations
Job Posting: Aug 23, 2019
Job Closing: Sep 20, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications