Duration: Permanent Full Time
Location: 4700 Keele Street, Toronto
The York University School of Continuing Studies is a diverse community of learning united by a shared sense of purpose: Achieving personal and professional growth in a rapidly changing career and educational landscape. Our ability to offer accelerated, accessible and innovative programs that prepare our students to adapt and lead in response to this change has made us the fastest-growing school in Canada.
The School is home to the international-award-winning York University English Language Institute, one of the largest language institutes in North America. Our students come from around the world to pursue English-language proficiency and achieve their academic goals.
Our professional programs also attract students from around the world. Codesigned and delivered by senior industry leaders, our professional programs feature experiential learning methods that help students develop career-specific technical skills and robust cross-functiona expertise.
Under the direction of the Director, Marketing and Communication, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, management, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring of the School's digital and traditional marketing and including for both our B2C and B2B marketing programs. The Marketing Manager is also responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the marketing team and ensuring the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of effective marketing processes and procedures. In addition to managing the marketing team, the Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans for all new program launches, demand generation and support building sales strategies to drive program enrolment, and supporting the development and monitoring of sales strategies.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, marketing, or communications, or equivalent. Certificate or diploma in marketing, digital marketing or analytics is an asset.
- Management: Min 3 years' experience managing staff and vendors. Preference is given to management experience in a multi-unionized environment.
- Marketing: Min 4 years' experience planning integrated marketing campaigns (including overall brand and product campaigns), consulting with internal 'clients,' creating traditional and electronic collateral, copywriting for different media, managing events, and evaluating ROI of marketing initiatives.
- Digital Marketing: Min 3 years' experience in software required to create and manage a database-driven website, optimizing user-experience, search engine optimization, content marketing, managing paid online advertising campaigns, A-B testing, creating and managing micro-sites and landing pages, and a thorough understanding of web analytics.
- Sales experience (particularly relating to conversion management) is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in development of annual plans and budgets and establishing contingency plans to achieve targets.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to creatively meet targets.
- Project management expertise with critical-path mastery and ability to achieve results.
- Copywriting, use of digital media for revenue generation and brand management, quality control within a communications team, best practices and technology for marketing and enrolment management, and project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Canadian and international legislation, ethical standards and policy documents relating to marketing, data collection, privacy, and accessability.
- Communications and Public Relations expertise designing and implementing internal and external communication and PR strategies including media relations and change management communications.
- Customer Relationship Management expertise with reporting and optimization of CRM software, and marketing automation.
- Metrics: demonstrated expertise with measurement, benchmarking, and ROI analysis.
- Best practices in qualitative and quantitative market research.
- Financial/budget planning, forecasting and management.
- Web and marketing analytics including identifying and making comparisons to industry benchmarks and measurement.
- Knowledge of continuing education and working within a university environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of the GTA market is an asset.
Please note: This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credentials(s), or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview.
The Manager works in a normal office environment, making extensive use of computer, phone and other technologies. The Manager will travel occasionally to conferences and professional meetings.
York's CPM Compensation Framework has a salary grid consisting of 6 or 8 steps (depending on job grade) which is reviewed annually with possible adjustments, and a lump sum Performance Based Recognition Award. Employees will receive the grid adjustment and depending on performance, eligible permanent employees may move to the next step of the grid and may receive a lump sum Performance Based Recognition Award.
Visit the CPM Compensation page on the HR Website to find out more about York's CPM Compensation Program.
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/63725d71d4a0f56964939190/51fc022158b70066fae49f3e/en
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Senior Manager, Communications, Marketing and Eve…
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation
Regional Marketing Manager
Farm Credit Canada
Associate Vice President, External
University of Windsor
Manager, Brand & Community (English Services) - T…