Marketing & Communications Specialist
The Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) is a Provincial association of municipal public works professionals dedicated to providing high quality public services through certification, education, publications, advocacy, and interaction amongst its members. AORS is looking for a talented individual to join our team as the Marketing & Communications Specialist.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will support the Association and its members as follows:
- Plan, coordinate, execute, monitor, and measure the association’s marketing and communications efforts, with the objectives of increasing awareness of AORS among our members, clients, and other stakeholders; raising the profile of AORS, our members, our Local Associations, and the Public Works profession among elected officials and the public; and promoting and assisting in the sales of AORS programs, products and services.
- Lead or support the publication of various print and virtual publications; manage the AORS website and social media presence.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns to promote AORS’ programs, training, events, products and services, sponsorship and advertising opportunities, and membership.
- Develop and execute targeted communication campaigns to raise awareness and advocate on behalf of our members, the Association and the Public Works profession.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of events; coordinate AORS’ participation in third party events; represent AORS at meetings and events across the province, promoting AORS products, services and membership.
- Coordinate the design and purchase of promotional materials.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Minimum Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; preferably with post-secondary training in one or more of the following: marketing, communications, event management, digital media, website management.
- Minimum 3 years practical work experience in a related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent command of English.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy in a variety of software applications.
- Familiarity with social media sites, including posting information.
- Familiarity with basic website maintenance (e.g. use of WordPress).
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ driver’s license.
- Reliable vehicle for use on AORS business.
This is a full-time position. It requires some travel across the province, with occasional overnight stays. When not traveling on AORS business, the incumbent may work remotely, with periodic visits to the AORS office in St. Marys. Travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with AORS Travel Policies. The successful applicant may be required to submit a Driver’s Abstract and Criminal Background Check at their expense. Must be an Ontario resident.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications