Associate Vice President, Marketing
- University of Alberta
- Edmonton, Alberta
- $123,672 - $206,120
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA
The University of Alberta in Edmonton is one of Canada's top teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
The University of Alberta has 18 faculties on five campuses - four in Edmonton, one in Camrose. North Campus has 150 buildings covering 50 city blocks nestled on the edge of the North Saskatchewan River. Campus Saint-Jean is a French-language campus, a one-of-a-kind gem in the heart of Edmonton's francophone community. Augustana is a historic campus in a vibrant rural community with an intimate residential learning environment. South Campus contains extensive land for agricultural research and is home to several recreational facilities. Enterprise Square forms a hub in Edmonton's downtown for learners at all stages of life and for entrepreneurs creating businesses out of new research.
Position Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting directly to the Vice-President, External Relations, the position provides strong and consistent leadership to the University‘s reputation and profile through purposeful brand strategy and visual identity management; data driven and audience-oriented marketing plans; the University international ranking strategy; and the unification of marketing efforts and promoting a marketing culture across the University.
The position is accountable and responsible for the delivery of aligned, consistent, and outcome-focused marketing strategies, plans and content through the effective operations of the following areas:
- Brand Strategy Development and management of U of A Brand.
- Domestic and international student recruitment marketing.
- Graduate and undergraduate student recruitment marketing.
- Institutional marketing campaigns (e.g., international research profile, awareness).
- Donor and alumni relations marketing.
- Revenue generation marketing support.
- Market research, student and customer insights and data analytics.
- Leads a team of five direct reports that are responsible for Creative and Digital, Brand, Recruitment Marketing, Development and Demand Generation, and Marketing Research and Insights.
The ideal candidate will be energized by the challenge of becoming a significant member of the U of A community who will play a critical role in furthering the University’s profile on the regional, provincial, national and international stage.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A master’s degree in a related discipline. Broad and substantive senior leadership experience in one or multiple disciplines in the assigned area; in addition to demonstrated higher education experience.
- Significant expertise in brand development, brand modeling, developing integrated marketing strategies using predictive analytics and market research, demonstrated successful use of innovative marketing strategies in accessing and building new markets and in growing revenue.
- Deep understanding of all marketing and communication channels especially digital, social media, and demand generation.
- Demonstrated capability in leading self, engaging others, developing coalitions, achieving results and bringing about transformative change at a systems level.
- Deep commitment to consultation, collaboration, and communication.
FOR INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Anurag Shourie or Ryan Vanjoff
Leaders International Executive Search
Suite 501 Fox One
10226 – 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 1B8
In accordance with the Management and Professional Staff (Excluded) Handbook, this position is a full-time, continuing appointment and offers a comprehensive benefits package found at Faculty & Staff Benefits and an annual salary of $123,672 to $206,120. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To assist the University in complying with mandatory reporting requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (R203(3)(e), please include the first digit of your Canadian Social Insurance Number in your application (within your cover letter). If you do not have a Canadian Social Insurance Number, please indicate this in your application (within the cover letter).
The University has engaged Leaders International on this search, to apply please visit: https://leadersinternational.com/category/opportunities/
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications