Manager, Direct Marketing
It’s an exciting time at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada! We are on a transformational journey, one that will improve the quality of life of everyone affected by inflammatory bowel disease and we’re building an innovative team who will help fuel our mission. If the thought of making a positive impact in the lives of everyone affected by Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis inspires you, this could be for you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As the ideal candidate, you…
- have a proven track record in setting long and short-term priorities, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- understand the importance of story-telling and creative techniques to attract and engage donors.
- understand how online and offline tactics work together to drive first time and repeat giving.
- are a self-starter and lifelong learner with a passion for leveraging analytics and processes to create positive impact.
- have a background in fundraising and an appreciation for best practices to constantly improve.
- are an effective and respectful communicator who can achieve the desired results by encouraging and supporting the contributions of others.
If this sounds like you, read on to learn more about our exciting new opportunity.
- Post secondary education in fundraising, business or communications;
- Minimum 5 years of direct marketing experience, responsible for establishing fundraising strategies and executing through internal and external agency/vendor resources;
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of successful multi-modal fundraising initiatives encompassing annual, monthly and tribute giving;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Familiarity with CRA, privacy and security requirements;
- Highly organized, detail oriented with strong analytical and interpretive skills;
- Excellent writing, research, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to prepare and present brief but accurate and comprehensive reports or presentations to a variety of audiences;
- Experience in targeting and segmentation utilizing Raiser’s Edge and/or similar CRM systems and data integration projects; and
- Computer skills: Excel, MS Word, Power Point.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- This role is an office-based position, with a necessary comfort in spending most of the day in front of a computer screen;
- Ideally based out of our Toronto office in a hybrid role, although open to remote candidates;
- Flexible hours;
- Extended health and dental employee benefits program; and
- Employer matching RRSP program.
- Develop the annual direct marketing plan in collaboration with internal and external partners;
- Outline objectives for annual, monthly and tribute giving;
- Set revenue targets and budget; and
- Improve year over year acquisition and retention impact.
- Build contact strategies, direct marketing plans and campaigns; and
- Manages integrated direct marketing calendar.
- Manage direct marketing budget;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual tracking of revenue and expenses; and
- Coordinate, review, process and track invoices.
- Implement campaigns that are timely, relevant and impactful;
- Schedule and manage offline and online direct marketing activities including: analyzing data, obtaining prospect and donor lists and managing the creative design and approval process;
- Own relationships with vendors including: direct mail agency, mailing house and list brokers; and
- Design resources.
Reporting, Planning and Delivery
- Build monthly dashboards to capture activities, status and result;
- Use best practices in planning, forecasting and delivery of campaigns;
- Continuously improve the donor journey, tools, processes and capabilities.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing over $140 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Visit our website (crohnsandcolitis.ca) for more information.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and community, Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is requiring that employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Crohn’s and Colitis Canada will provide accommodation, on a case by case basis, in accordance with its obligations for anyone who is unable to be vaccinated for a reason protected under applicable human rights legislation.
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a PDF of their resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now” or you will be redirected to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s careers page if you are viewing this posting on an external site.
This position will be posted until October 19, 2022.
We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment that reflects the Canadian communities that we work with and within. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provide accommodations upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Intro Call - a quick call with a member of the People team to discuss the role and learn who you are!
- First Interview - 60 minutes to go over your background, the role and Crohn’s and Colitis Canada. Also, an excellent time for you to ask any questions you have.
- Final Interview - 60 minutes for you to really demonstrate your skills by completing a task in advance and presenting to us, a chance to meet the team and your chance to interview us.
- Offer - Ideally, this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications