Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement
- BGC Canada
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Sales and Business Development
BGC Canada (formerly Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada) is seeking a new Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement. This is an opportunity for an inspirational and innovative professional to help advance the cause of child and youth development by helping to drive revenue through new business development, in support of Canada’s largest child and youth service federation.
This is a vital role for a dynamic fundraising and partnerships professional with a strong background in corporate development who will cultivate, solicit, and steward a roster of existing national corporate partners, and be a leading contributor to the growth of the corporate revenue portfolio.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Engagement, the Senior Manager of Corporate Engagement will be an integral part in planning and implementing an impactful, growth-oriented corporate fundraising portfolio. Working closely with the Director and the team, the Senior Manager will secure major corporate partnerships in support of BGC Canada’s mission, national profile, and strategic goals.
Possessing a strong background in fundraising and corporate relationship development, the successful candidate will inspire and drive change in the corporate engagement portfolio while continuously learning, improving, and seeking professional growth.
BGC Canada is a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment. The national team provides Clubs with on-the-ground services, programs, communications, and resource development, and increases both staff and volunteer capacity with leadership development and national forums for collaboration. We are a fully bilingual organization.
While our office is currently located in Toronto, at Sheppard Avenue East and Highway 404, we are excited to be preparing to move into a new office space at Yonge and Eglinton. The exciting, newly designed collaboration space is centrally-located and provides easy access by transit. We anticipate the new space will be open by the time the successful candidate starts.
The working arrangement is flexible to encourage the candidate to work in a manner that is most beneficial to them. Given the nature of this work, it is expected that the candidate will come into the Toronto office, ideally once a week, for collaboration purposes and importantly will also attend in-person meetings with partners and prospects in the Toronto area when possible. This role is not suitable for someone seeking to work remotely full-time.
ABOUT BGC CANADA
BGC Canada has been hard at work for 120+ years. Community-based services. Positive relationships. Life-changing programs. As Canada’s largest child- and youth-serving charitable organization, we provide vital programs and services to over 200,000 young people in 736 communities across Canada.
We provide safe, supportive places where all kids and teens, of all backgrounds, can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, and develop confidence and skills for life. From anti-racism to Reconciliation to 2S & LGBTQIA+, food security to job readiness, our Clubs battle systemic issues with systemic solutions through equity, acceptance, support, and opportunity.
BGC’s primary areas of impact include positive relationships, healthy living, lifelong learning, and leadership skills. As a result of their experience as Club members, 90% of Club kids feel more comfortable being themselves, 91% are more physically active, 92% are more excited to try new things and 91% are more confident in their abilities. We’ve proven that we can help increase academic performance and decrease risky behaviours. The kids and teens we serve tell us that we’ve helped them feel more confident, get along better with others, and make better choices for themselves.
BGC Canada released a new campaign in 2021 that showcases the confidence BGC Clubs instill in kids and teens every year. No. More. Barriers. launched our new voice - bold, bright, positive.
The No. More. Barriers. video was filmed with Club youth, who also created the campaign’s soundtrack with the help of MJMS music school, and Club member testimonials inspired the illustrations.
Opportunity Changes Everything is our rallying cry and the foundation of BGC Canada’s rebrand. It embodies our goals:
- To become known as Canada’s leading champion of children and youth-governments, corporations, communities, and families will look to us first to understand what children and youth need to thrive today and in the future.
- To provide more children and youth with a third place between the realities of home life and the pressures of school – a place of positivity and belonging where they can play, create, and learn what it takes to become their best selves.
- To nurture Canada’s next generation – we see great potential in today’s youth to make a real difference in our communities and our country and we will help them develop what they need to make positive change.
Our almost 7,000 trained and dedicated full- and part-time staff and 16,000 community volunteers are motivated by the BGC vision that all children and youth discover and achieve their dreams and grow up to be healthy, successful, and active participants in society. Our Clubs help them realize positive outcomes in self-expression, academics, healthy living, physical activity, mental health, leadership, and more. Club fees are affordable and are subsidized or waived for families that can’t afford them. If a young person needs it, BGC Clubs provide it.
THE MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT AT BGC CANADA
BGC Canada’s annual fundraising target is approximately $16 million – the vast majority coming from donations and sponsorships from corporate and foundation partners, with some support from government and individual donors. The national development team has ambitious targets to build a healthy foundation to grow sustainable revenue. The launch of the new brand campaign No. More. Barriers. has set the tone for this growth with a strong impact message.
As we slowly emerge from the pandemic, we recognize a need to reflect on all that has changed and how we need to evolve to remain successful in our fundraising efforts going forward. In doing so, we are currently seeking to re-imagine aspects of our Development portfolio to build a solid foundation for future sustainability and to do our utmost to meaningfully address the multitude of barriers that young people face, including economic and educational pressures and social inequalities.
Led by the Vice President of Marketing and Development, the combined Marketing & Development team consists of 12 members, with 6 focused specifically on Revenue Development. The Corporate Engagement team consists of 5 members, reporting to the Director of Corporate Engagement.
Focused on the successful implementation and evolution of the corporate partnership strategy, the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement plays a leading role in driving revenue generation and elevating BGC Canada’s fundraising to the next level. The Senior Manager of Corporate Engagement will focus on broadening and deepening relationships with Canada’s leading corporations to build equitable partnerships and new revenue to help BGC Canada play a vital role in building brighter futures for Canadian children and youth – now and for generations to come.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a leading contribution in securing and managing partnerships with large corporations to achieve and grow departmental revenue targets of over $10M currently.
- Drive revenue growth by strategically leading the development of new corporate partnerships and strengthening existing partnerships.
- Cultivate, solicit, and manage a portfolio of existing corporate partners and prospects with gift levels in the range of 250K – 1M+.
- Identify, qualify, and maintain a national corporate partnership prospect list.
- Work to understand how to build effective, meaningful and equitable partnerships with Corporate Canada, in support of BGC Canada to fund mission-focused work, while also helping our partners achieve their goals consistent with our values.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure partners are engaged and recognized according to the standards of the BGC brand and requirements of the Corporation.
- Work innovatively to design corporate partner activations that support a partner’s ability to communicate the importance of their partnership with BGC Canada.
- Use innovative approaches and solutions to develop and implement strategies for growing corporate partnerships, establishing new partnerships, and increasing sponsorships.
- Participate in the development of marketing and communication materials to support corporate partnerships and brand enhancement of BGC Canada.
- Prepare and present pitches and proposals.
- Work in collaboration with the Communications and Marketing team, the Corporate Engagement team, and the National Programs team to ensure alignment of all messaging for promotion of campaigns and alignment of programmatic deliverables.
- Embrace BGC Canada’s mission and culture, creating strong relationships across each department of the national team and with BGC Clubs nationwide.
- Passionate about child and youth development and issues related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Solid understanding of social sector challenges and opportunities, particularly as we emerge from the pandemic.
- Solid track record of working with corporate partners in securing gifts and sponsorships of 250K+.
- Proven success managing corporate engagement and recognition.
- Innovative and growth oriented in generating and maximizing opportunities for fundraising and partnerships.
- Collaborative and inspirational approach to strengthening partnership internally and externally.
- Strong ability to build relationships and facilitate deliverables across teams, at all levels.
- Ability to adapt to a demanding and changing work environment, handle multiple tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines.
- Very strong communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to BGC values, which can be found here: Mission & Vision | BGC Canada.
- French language skills are a strong asset.
- Solid experience with donor databases. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
BGC Canada is working with KCI Search + Talent to recruit passionate and talented candidates for this important position. For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Mia Gardiner, Senior Search Consultant, KCI Search + Talent by email at BGCC@kcitalent.com.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest, to the email address listed above by October 20, 2022.
The salary for this position is $85,000 - $95,000. Comprehensive benefits are also provided.
To view the full Position Brief, please visit: www.kcitalent.com
BGC Canada is committed to building an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences, and supports the full participation of all employees. We welcome applications from those who are passionate about contributing to a workplace culture where everyone feels valued and included. We welcome applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2S & LGBTQIA+ persons, and anyone who can add to the diversity of our team. We offer accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process, upon request.
As leaders in vaccination education, BGC Canada requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ against COVID-19 is based on the public health requirements for a vaccine passport (or similar official evidence) in the jurisdiction of the employee’s residence. The successful applicant will need to provide proof of vaccination.
More information about BGC Canada is available at www.bgccan.com.
Similar searches: Sales and Business Development