Director, Brand Marketing (“Change Maker & Collaborator”)
Regular Full-Time (35 hours per week)
ART + AUDIENCE + LEARNING
Are you a bold, innovative leader with an eye for design and a love for all aspects of the creative process?
Do you have a passion for developing innovative brand strategies to attract and engage diverse audiences and a proven track record of success?
Do you have an affinity for the visual arts and are excited at the thought of working for one of North America’s leading art museums?
The Director, Brand Marketing at the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) is an incredible opportunity to have an impact!
With almost 1 million visitors annually, the AGO is known for its engaging, diverse exhibitions and programs and its commitment to life-long learning. The AGO is undertaking a bold direction to be even more welcoming and accessible for all. This includes innovative, new initiatives like the recent crowdfunding campaign to acquire a Kusama Infinity Mirror Room, as well as the launch of our 25 and under free program and the introduction of a $35 annual pass that provides access to all exhibitions. There has never been a more exciting time to join an organization that is disrupting the traditional way of looking at an art museum.
The AGO is looking for a Director, Brand Marketing who will:
• Lead and inspire a team to perform at the highest level of creativity; leading with quality, while being adaptable and flexible.
• Provide exceptional design leadership and direction to create a high-quality, distinctive visual identity that will resonate with both local and global audiences.
• Develop and execute a powerful brand strategy that will attract new and diverse audiences and deepen the engagement of existing audiences to create brand advocates.
• Be a force of enthusiasm and positivity, with a sense of adventure and fun.
The Director, Brand Marketing is a:
• Collaborative, Creative Pioneer who partners well with others and has proven that they develop concepts into compelling visual images and practical applications with measureable success
• Impactful Innovator who has a creative track record and ability to define a clear, strategic, audience-centric vision
• Inspiring Leader who translates new ideas and opportunities into practical solutions while meeting financial objectives and aligning with the AGO’s mission, vision, values and strategic objectives
• Recognized Brand Builder who has demonstrated success in building a strong brand internally across a diverse organization(s)
• Credible Influencer who has strong ability to influence engagement and decision-making across organizations through effective strategy development, communication and implementation of imaginative, practical solutions.
• Informed Decision Maker who has diplomatic ability to make tough, evidence-based decisions in a collaborative, mission-driven organization
• Trend Hunter who avidly observes emerging trends, understands changing market dynamics and utilizes data and analytics to glean insights into AGO audiences
• Agile Entrepreneur who has ability to be nimble to adjust quickly and leverage opportunities to ensure success
• Open-minded Coach who guides and mentors the marketing & design team to high performance through clear direction, transparent feedback, professional development and straightforward accountabilities. Directly related experience managing in a unionized workplace is an asset.
• Financial Pro who has demonstrated budget management skills with direct experience creating, monitoring and adjusting budgets to maintain a balanced position
• AGO Advocate who has a strong passion for the arts and the not-for-profit sector, with an appreciation of the Toronto creative sector
• Savvy Marketer who has broad understanding of print material production; development and implementation; social media channels and digital platforms; working with multiple vendors, agencies and media outlets
With an operating budget of over $60 million, over 600 employees, and 400 volunteers, the AGO continues to build a high-performance culture as an employer-of-choice, with strong staff and volunteer satisfaction and engagement aligned to the AGO’s compelling mission, vision and values.
We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors to apply by submitting a tailored cover letter and CV via our website: https://ago.ca/jobs-and-volunteering. Please also provide 1 or 2 examples of creative that you believe best represent your vision and expertise.
We thank all applicants but must advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act & the AGO’s Recruitment & Selection Policy for Staff, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process. The Art Gallery of Ontario is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
External Application Deadline 8/30/2019
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications