Manager, Thought-Leader Engagement
Responsible to VP, Public Affairs & Thought Leadership
The Manager, Thought Leader Engagement will be responsible for facilitating the CMA’s Council strategy and engagement as established by senior management and assist in the integration of thought leadership and public affairs.
The position reports to the Vice-President of Public Affairs and Thought Leadership and works collaboratively with other staff and volunteers to ensure Council Members:
• Produce high-quality blogs and other content that conform to CMA Best Practices.
• Are aware of major developments in the CMA’s advocacy efforts and contribute to the development of association positions and positioning on public policy issues.
Specific duties include:
• Managing and supporting the CMA’s Thought Leadership Councils and its stakeholders.
• Facilitating the preparation and promotion of Council materials
• Assisting with the preparation of CMA Updates to Councils, presentations and reports.
• Ensuring Council content is published and promoted promptly and effectively and that Councils/content contributors receive metrics on the effectiveness of their work.
• Scheduling and attending Council meetings, preparing agendas and notes. Following up on action items to ensure they are completed on time.
• Ensuring Councils liaise with CMA teams to develop panels at morning events or identifying speakers/sponsors or activations for Council-related events.
• Implementing Council policies.
• Support Thought Leadership and Public Affairs team as needed.
• Supporting other CMA initiatives such as Chartered Marketer, events, etc.
Skills and capabilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a recognized educational institution and a minimum of 6-8 years related experience with public relations, stakeholder engagement or marketing.
• Excellent communications skills including exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• A positive outlook and a desire to support colleagues and members.
• Strong computer literacy, and proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of French would be an asset.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications