At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
The Operations Coordinator role is specifically designed as a stepping stone to marketing roles of increasing responsibility. By working directly with senior executives of the firm, the successful candidate will gain in-depth exposure to the operations of the Clients and Markets department overall. Once the successful candidate masters the basic duties of the role, they will have the opportunity to take on side projects that align with their areas of interest (e.g. Marketing, Communications, Business Development, Events, Project Management) and within 1-2 years, would have the opportunity to move into other Business Development and/or Marketing roles on the team.
As an Operations Coordinator, you will be:
- Supporting day-to-day activities of the National Innovation Leader and Chief Client and Innovation Officer, enabling them to lead major projects that advance the strategy of the Firm, by:
- Continuously improving day-to-day work processes and interactions to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactively managing and bringing order to their calendars. This includes initiating, accepting and rescheduling meetings, and ensuring scheduling conflicts are minimized.
- Gaining first-hand knowledge of the inner workings of the Clients and Markets team, and the Firm’s priorities by organizing meetings, monitoring and developing correspondence, and managing travel arrangements.
- Using existing and new technology tools to drive efficiency and track action items.
- Interacting with important clients of the Firm, including arranging meetings, events, gifts and helping to manage the network of contacts.
- Working on important financial matters, including client billing arrangements and expenses.
- Working on projects to streamline operations and ensure timelines are met. This include team meetings, performance management, feedback processes and team goal setting.
- Assisting with arrangements for client events and sponsorships to build relationships with clients.
- Coordinating vendor management and HR tracking processes.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Finance, Project Management or a related field.
- Experience in a professional or legal services environment would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and PDF editing software (i.e. Adobe Acrobat Pro). Capacity to learn other Firm-specific software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write in cogent, concise business language, and communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail and extremely organized.
- An energetic self-starter, with a proactive and positive approach to all activities. Demonstrated “can do” attitude to ensure tasks and activities are managed with the utmost efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborative, flexible and adaptable. Equally comfortable working independently and as part of a team environment.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks/deadlines as they relate to processes and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure utmost confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to work effectively and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Able to meet quick deadlines, under pressure and often with competing priorities.
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.