Events and Communications Coordinator
Title: Events and Communications Coordinator
Company: Canada Lands Company
Location: 70 Canuck Ave , Toronto , ON
Employment Status: Employee (Full-Time)
Please submit your application by Tuesday, September 13th at 4:00 pm EST.
The Events and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for creating content and will monitor our digital channels (including but not limited to social media, newsletters, emails and website) and will professionally respond to incoming messages from those digital channels. The incumbent is expected to contribute to other creative materials, including, but not limited to printed materials, signs and graphics.
This role will support all Parc Downsview Park (PDP) community events indoors and outdoors, in the Hub, permit program and other park events. These duties will include liaising between PDP and event organizers, vendors and suppliers prior to, during and after events. This role will assist in soliciting new sponsors/partners and facilitating relationships with program partners.
- Assists with the designing, writing, editing, and production of the PDP’s communications digital and print materials (social media, newsletters, emails, website, surveys, signage), along with a wide range of day-to-day correspondence.
- Assists with managing the timelines, translation and approvals processes required for a variety of communications related projects.
- Assist in the monitoring, quantification, and response to public feedback through all of our communication channels.
- Assist in preparing communications in support of the Hub, and supports community and stakeholder relations, and supports community outreach in cooperation with the park operations and education teams.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEBSITES
- Conduct regular updates to the PDP’s websites content management system (French and English).
- In conjunction with the Manager, oversees the Park digital and social media strategies. Ensures the Company’s social media policies and procedures are respected.
- Works with internal teams at the planning stages of campaigns and programs to determine degree and method of social media integration and other communication tools.
- Monitors external media sources and social media to ensure the Park and its projects are correctly represented, provide corrections as needed.
- Monitor specific audience-related topics using specified tools and reports such as Google Analytics and Sprout Social.
- Liaise with event planners who plan to use the Hub and assist in executing their events.
- Work with Manager, Education and Community Programs to coordinate and complete Hub bookings.
- Correspond to permit inquires and provide information, create agreements and documents to process the permits and collect fees.
- Support and implement event plans for PDP community events, such as Earth Day, Canada Day, Movies Under the Stars and Howl-o-ween Unleashed.
- Identifies new partnership/vendor opportunities for events.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners/vendors.
- Assists in creating sponsorship packages.
- Assist in the creative development process of specified programs and projects.
- Maintains timely industry knowledge to ensure that tools and channels are being used correctly.
- Additional marketing and communications duties as required.
- Follows Visual Identity Standards in the production of materials, while maintaining quality control. Assists in monitoring activities to ensure standards or implemented correctly.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, events, public relations or equivalent training.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience managing multiple digital channels, online marketing and social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and Linkedin.
- Experience with event execution.
- Familiarity with Facebook insights and other Facebook business tools is an asset.
- Familiarity in project management and digital marketing.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and social scheduling and monitoring platforms such as Sprout Social is an asset.
- A good general understanding of marketing and communications.
- Experience in on-line content development and management.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Skill and experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) is an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) is a strong asset.
WHAT WE DO
Canada Lands Company is a self-financing, federal Crown corporation that specializes in real estate, development and attractions management. The company’s goal in all it does is to produce the best possible benefit for Canadian communities and the Government of Canada. Canada Lands Company works to achieve its mandate with industry leading expertise; the company prides itself on its consultation based approach to pursuing community-oriented goals, environmental stewardship and heritage commemoration with all its projects across Canada.
The company’s activities ensure that former government properties are redeveloped or managed in accordance with their highest and best use, and that they are harmoniously reintegrated into local communities. Our goal is to help transform surplus parcels and reshape them to meet the needs of Canadians with inspiring and sustainable new neighbourhoods in which they can live, work and play.
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications