Alumni Relations Officer
Position Number(s): 20000859
Reports To: Manager, Alumni Marketing and Communications
Vacancy Type: TERM
Employee Group: OPSEU
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: July 2, 2020
Hours of Work: 36.25
Salary Scale: $72,051.25 - $91,272.36
HR Contact: Lindsay Wiener ext 4717
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
As an employer, we are working towards a people first culture and are proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
About University Advancement
University Advancement (UA) is a comprehensive development and alumni relations enterprise serving the priorities of Ryerson’s academic plan. Our mission is to build lifelong relationships, engaging alumni and friends, faculty and staff, and corporations and foundations, and matching their interests with the needs and priorities of the university. University Advancement at Ryerson is a dedicated team of professionals, committed to collaboration, diversity, and integrity, and to being trustworthy stewards of our donors’ investments.
The Alumni Relations Officer, Marketing and Communications will be responsible for supporting the University Advancement mission by implementing programs and services, events and communication vehicles that build positive relationships with alumni and friends of Ryerson University.
Please demonstrate in your resume and covering letter how you met the following position requirements:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in communications, print journalism, and /or publications development is required with a proven track record in alumni relations or advancement related activities preferably in a post-secondary education or public sector setting.
- Strong research, storytelling, writing and editing skills required for content creation across a variety of communication channels.
- Experience utilizing and managing diverse social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat and Instagram) as communication vehicles for promotional and educational purposes.
- Experience developing integrated marketing and communications plans from initiation to execution across a variety of channels (print, web, email, social media and video) that follows institutional branding guidelines and meets AODA requirements (including AA, AAA policy).
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal communication skills are required to foster new and nurture current relationships with different stakeholders including Ryerson alumni groups (including the Ryerson University Alumni Association), volunteers, University Advancement team, communication staff at other faculties/departments.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Qualified OPSEU employees will be considered before members of other employee groups.
- Applicants who do not meet all of the posted qualifications may, upon the University’s sole discretion, be considered to fill a vacancy on an underfill basis.
- We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications and also reach out to Tracey King, Aboriginal HR Consultant for support during the selection process.
- As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
- Applications will only be accepted online through Ryerson's careersite at https://www.ryerson.ca/careers/. Please apply under Job ID: 344334.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications