Marketing & Communications Officer
Job Description: Marketing & Communications Officer
The Marketing & Communications Officer reports directly to the Director of Communications, Marketing and Community Engagement and works closely with the President & CEO as well as the Foundations leadership team. The position is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating creative, impactful, strategic and brand focus projects and campaigns. The aim of the position is to enhance Niagara Health Foundation’s reputation and deepen its reach, impact and ability to be seen as the charity of choice in Niagara’s Healthcare landscape. This will include managing Niagara Health Foundations’ public relations and media outreach, driving participation and awareness of the Foundations’ Signature Events, and integrating effective promotion and outreach of the Annual Giving program all with the goal of encouraging stronger awareness and financial support for the Niagara Health Foundation. The Marketing & Communications Officer will also aim to further the reach and reputation of the Foundations’ President & CEO, and Directors in the Niagara Community.
- Up to 1 direct report – Communications Intern
- Participate in the development and the implementation of the communication and public relations plans and on the establishment of a communication strategy.
- Develop and implement effective and innovative external marketing and communication strategies in order to initiate, develop, and maintain relationships and partnerships with media organizations, donors and other groups.
- Develop and implement proactive outreach strategies for media, including the preparation of press releases, the organization of press conferences, and all other media activities.
- Create and produce promotional and awareness-raising tools such as: video’s, social media posts and campaigns, websites, patient and donor stories, posters, media ad buys, radio scripts, briefs, reports, letters, fact sheets, brochures, pamphlets, blogs, etc.
- Creates and executes unique, engaging, multi-faceted marketing plans and strategies for the Signature Events in coordination with the Events Team
- Incorporates and integrates Communications in support of the Major Gifts teams.
- Serves in conjunction with the Director as the Foundation President’s key advisor on communications issues including media relations, crisis management, as well as new trends in charitable sector public relations and Annual Giving.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communications plan to achieve the Foundation’s fundraising objectives and broader strategic and public awareness goals.
- Oversees the production of the Foundations’ communications materials, including the Foundation Annual Report, brochure, speech writing and internal communication pieces within Niagara Health.
- Works closely with the Special Events and Stewardship, and Development teams to provide strategic advice on communications and help implement plans to support their communication goals.
- Ensures Foundation website is functional, user friendly, and is utilized effectively and to maximum advantage as both a communication and fundraising tool.
- Evaluates and oversees the implementation of social media campaigns, posts, advertising and strategies for the Foundation.
- Integrates Foundation media relations with Niagara Health Media Relations function, ensuring appropriate linkages with media while fostering a productive relationships.
- Leads the development of a communications plan to grow an effective and comprehensive Grateful Patient Program for the Niagara Health and the Community.
- Supports the annual fundraising programs including direct mail program, the tribute/ memorial gift program, monthly giving and annual fundraising through story curation, writing, design and layout.
- Leads the creation of a comprehensive plan for on-line giving and the use of social media to support fundraising and communications goals.
- Ensures relevant privacy legislation is strictly adhered to in this program in conjunction with the Foundations’ privacy officer.
- Manages, lend counsel and strategic support to the Development team to ensure the optimum delivery of exceptional cultivation and stewardship events, materials, initiatives and programs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant degree or diploma, or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, public relations, non-profit promotions, journalism
- Three to five years’ experience in healthcare or non-profit communications and fundraising or similar role
- Communications/Marketing and fundraising background
- Experience in Not-for-Profit fundraising
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent planning and workflow skills.
- Strong skills with media tools such as video editing, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Website CMS experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Goal oriented and able to work independently to achieve results
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff
- Ability to work in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- APR accreditation is an asset
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications