- Saskatoon Co-operative Limited
- Saskatoon, SK (Co-op Administration Building)
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. Provides leadership to Saskatoon Co-op’s marketing, community/member relations and communications function which includes local market research, brand/product management, promotions, community/member relations, marketing and communication. Keeps abreast of marketing trends, best practices and impacts to CRS. On an as needed basis, collaborates with FCL Home Office and other retails to ensure consistency of programs and strategies across the CRS.
2. Collaborates with all division managers and FCL Home Office commodity specialists in the development of marketing strategies, budgets and campaigns to ensure consistent messaging is delivered to members and customers.
3. Develops an annual strategic plan for the functions within the portfolio in alignment with corporate and divisional strategic goals. Includes budget development and Team Book renewals. Will be required to report to the Board when appropriate
4. Oversees the development of policies and processes to support the key activities and programs within the portfolio, ensuring alignment with the Co-operatives Act (i.e. member master file, application processes, fiscal year-end member processes).
5. Contributes to the development of and oversees the administration of the retail’s brand strategy and marketing/sales campaigns through use of various mediums such as social media applications, print and digital advertising, and radio. Assesses the impact and effectiveness of all marketing and communication platforms, and responds to external customer inquiries and comments. Assists in the development of marketing materials (i.e. X-banners, bag stuffers, posters).
6.Conducts local market research and monitors local competitor activity directly impacting the retail to identify opportunities and trends within existing and new market segments.
7. Oversees the retail’s community/member relations activities and communicates significant changes impacting the retail’s image, including requests for sponsorship, donations, cooperative involvement, partnerships and events. Contributes to the development of articles, press releases, and major events. Collaborates with FCL Home Office Marketing & Communications to ensure consistency with messaging and brand. Ensures representation of the Co-op at community events.
8. Leads a small team; directs, coaches and develops reporting positions.
9. Works with news agencies, event organizers, vendors/supplies, etc. to meet project goals, timelines, and budget, and recommend and/or approve contract changes.
10. Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce
- 7 years of marketing experience with 4+ years at a management level. Leadership experience would be considered an asset as well as experience in a retail setting.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications