Digital Marketing Manager
- Sunnybrook Foundation
- Toronto, Ontario (Hybrid Work environment)
- $76K - $95K
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: [Interim] Director, Marketing and Events
Direct reports: Digital Marketing Officer
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Our mission is to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
Philanthropy plays a critical role in every discovery, innovation and moment where Sunnybrook provides high-quality care when it matters most.
Sunnybrook Foundation inspires lasting support for Sunnybrook. Together with our donor community, Sunnybrook Foundation raises critical funds for Sunnybrook’s world-class academic health sciences centre to achieve our shared vision to invent the future of health care. Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to leading with our values and developing a model of shared leadership that will support our plans for ambitious growth
Located within Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre on Bayview Avenue in Toronto, the Foundation consists of more than 75 professionals and support staff who work in close partnership with our Hospital colleagues. With ambitious goals ahead, the Foundation is committed to continuing to grow our results and impact as we help Sunnybrook to raise sights, uncover new possibilities, develop talent, and deliver exceptional care.
Last year, thanks to the commitment of our dedicated volunteers, donors, and staff, we raised more than $72 million to support Sunnybrook’s priorities and we are also fortunate to have an endowment fund of more than $90 million that helps to support Sunnybrook’s mission.
The Digital Manager is a senior and passionate leader who will be a leading force in the continued growth and development of Sunnybrook Foundation’s digital marketing ecosystem. They must possess excellent leadership and project management skills, be able to work collaboratively and have a strong service-oriented mindset.
They will work very closely with various teams throughout the organization to integrate digital marketing efforts. This role is a critical bridge between marketing and fundraising and will serve as a resource, and advisor within the organization.
Digital marketing strategy & execution
- As part of Sunnybrook Foundation’s broader awareness-building efforts, build out a digital marketing strategy including purpose and scope, engagement strategies, and establishing KPIs
- Lead the development and effective implementation of digital marketing initiatives across Sunnybrook’s core digital platforms (Luminate, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Artez, iBuilder)
- Provide leadership to develop and deliver innovative solutions to ensure digital integration and further organizational goals
- Shared accountability to ensure all digital marketing activities align with brand visual identity, tone and voice, messaging and quality
- Act as one of the Foundation’s in-house digital marketing experts, informing on the latest digital marketing trends, best practices and tools that will support the Foundation’s ongoing and future success
- Own the strategic vision and development for the role of the website in our donors’ journey
- Ongoing website optimization to achieve increased engagement for both organic and paid campaigns
- Ensure the regular review of website performance to proactively recommend improvements
- Inform strategies to optimize site performance including SEO, re-marketing, Google AdWords
- Influence digital capability requirements, identify gaps and recommend enhancements that will drive deeper customer engagement in digital channels
- Advise on/inform content development to maximize performance
- Lead digital integration to support Stewardship, Lead generation, Event and Fundraising campaigns
- Actively participate in campaign planning to ensure that our digital properties guide visitors through the marketing funnel from click to conversion
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned teams on implementation of solutions; may include campaign planning, creative development, monitoring/optimization and campaign reporting.
- Investigate new tools, technologies, processes to improve overall channel performance • Improve usability, design, and content across all digital channels to drive online traffic to our digital properties
- Establish analytics reporting methodology and frequency for web, social media, eNewsletter and other digital marketing efforts, and track against KPIs
- Gain insights through active social media listening to influence marketing, communications and engagement strategies
- Establish A/B testing strategies (e.g., on website, eNewsletter) to gain deeper understanding of effectiveness of digital marketing efforts and adapt accordingly
- Proactive and regular sharing of digital marketing insights and analytics with digital fundraising team to gain insights that will inform the overall Foundation digital roadmap, including marketing and fundraising strategies
- Leverage audience research, competitive scans, trends and insights to inform work
- Manage the financial and operational objectives of the Digital Marketing team
- Facilitate and coordinate an effective digital team which is well integrated with and functions collaboratively with the larger Marketing, Events & Community Giving Business Unit and works in strong alignment with the rest of the organization
- Manage and develop individual staff members through effective performance management including the development of individual work plans and motivate the achievement of results consistent with agreed objectives
- Produce and maintain guidelines and process documents as required to support and streamline digital work
Skills and abilities:
- Collaborative partner who works well with a variety of stakeholders to drive organizational success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – presents ideas clearly and concisely
- Highly proactive self-starter who takes initiative and thinks ahead while managing day-to-day needs
- Analytical, strategic and creative thinker, and constant learner who stays on top of digital trends and best practices
- Experience being an effective leader/manager while also willing to roll up sleeves and be an active contributor
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Ability and openness to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations, exercise good judgment based on information and analysis in a fast pace, and deadline driven environment in an organized and professional manner
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive marketing experience with proven success in digital marketing and fundraising
- Certificate in digital marketing specialization or certificate an asset
- Deep understanding of marketing principles, with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the nuances of different digital channels
- Experience with Sprout Social, WordPress CMS, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, customer CRM tools and Adobe Creative Cloud an asset
- Experience with Google Analytics and using data to gain insights a must
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit
- Enrollment in HOOPP pension plan
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Generous leave entitlements including December holiday closure and early closures leading into long weekends
- Flexible hybrid work model as is appropriate to the role
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience, by August 26th to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Digital Marketing Manager,” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications