Marketing and Communications Manager
360°kids has been a leader in the delivery of innovative support services for over 33 years as we work to improve the lives of homeless and at-risk youth and families in York Region. We are a vitally important community agency serving all of York Region. At 360°kids, we provide a unique continuum of care approach with a range of programs and services that are essential to the health and well-being of youth and that are proven strategies for helping to keep youth off the streets by providing safe housing options.
Reporting to the Director of Resource Development, The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible to provide services that will directly support building brand awareness and increase communications both internally and externally with constituents. The Marketing and Communications Manager is a key role in in developing and executing the communications strategy and plans for 360°kids.
In the role, the Marketing and Communications Manager will develop and execute marketing communication programs and campaigns utilizing our website, email, social media, events and media outreach. This position is an active part of the team, representing 360°kids in various roles inside and outside of 360°kids.
Direct accountabilities include:
Website & Social Media Content development
- Website: Develop new content and maintain website. Write news stories, create new pages, and solicit updates from other program areas. Develop video content for use on the website and in social media. Work with website design vendors to implement design changes to the website.
- Social Media: execute social media strategy for 360°kids.
- Email: targeted writing for E-newsletters for donors and ensure that news stories connect to existing or new blog pages on the website.
- Analysis and testing to optimize effectiveness of programs.
Marketing Collateral & Publications Development
- Create a Communications plan for 360°kids.
- Writing content for key organization publications including: e E-newsletters, Annual Report, Brochures, Fact Sheets, etc.
- Design ads, flyers, banners, brochures, fact sheets, event signage, invitations, etc. as needed.
- Conduct frequent client interviews to be used for newsletters, direct mail, website, press conferences, etc.
- Maintain 360°kids’ photo library by taking photos to capture our work.
- Work with external marketing, and digital agencies and partners on development and execution of communication programs.
Community Events, Speaking Engagements & Tours
- Represent 360°kids at fundraising events run by 3rd party groups to benefit our organization as needed.
- Create and coordinate all aspects of 360°kids’ Speakers’ Bureau/Youth Ambassadors, in educating and training them on our services and how to represent us at events.
- Write general communications to promote events for both internal and external audiences.
- Develop public relations strategies for 360°kids’ events and announcements as needed.
- Some liaison with media outlets to pitch and set up media interviews.
- Write press releases and send them to appropriate press outlets as needed.
- Create media relations content, executive bios etc.
- Maintain press list with accurate contact information.
- Research media coverage and industry trends.
- Write and manage key communications as directed, including core messaging, talking points, internal articles and newsletters, blogs, and emails.
- Develop and lead internal communications to enhance 360°kids’ company culture internally and support with overall engagement.
- Work with HR team to ensure our company strategy and narrative is understood across company; HR team and other functions to provide change management communications, as needed.
- Work cross-functionally to build strategic relationships across the organization to implement effective internal communications strategies (e.g. Newsletter)
- Responsible for developing internal communications framework that sets the standards, principles, processes, and approaches aligned to industry best practices for the organization.
- Develop/oversee the development of core communications materials including key messages/talking points, memos, Q&As, monthly newsletter.
- Supports the executive management team with developing internal communications materials, applying a consistent approach.
- Measuring and reporting on communications results to stakeholders and the wider team.
- Managing various aspects of internal event planning (e.g. CEO webcasts/updates), including project management and execution, for both virtual and in-person events.
General Development & Office Work
- Assist with the organization and implementation of Development department events.
- Work with entire Development team to achieve fundraising goals.
- Help establish and maintain internal communications to keep staff informed of the work of the organization and assist in analyzing and reporting impact of communications on organizational success.
- Communicate 360°kids’ efforts and initiatives to donors and prospective donors. through facility tours and/or as an organization representative at various community events.
- Other responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, media relations or related field.
- Five years’ experience in a communications role preferably in a non-profit environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification an asset.
- Current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check).
- Car and valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and $1M liability insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to write strategic communications pieces for an organization, including press releases, newsletters, website content, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of the fundraising team.
- Experience with WordPress content management platform.
- Strong photography and videography skills.
- Experience managing social media and website content for an organization preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to relate to other staff, volunteers, agency representatives, youth clients and the general public.
- Self-motivated and committed to workplace participation and diversity with the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to juggle many projects and meet deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop, articulate and promote a vision for the agency.
What's in it for you?
Rewarding work with an opportunity to make a positive impact in a young person's life.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on skills and experience. As an employer of choice, we reward our team with a total rewards package that includes:
- Extended health & dental.
- Long term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance.
- 3 weeks’ vacation/year on joining.
- 12 sick days a year.
- Birthday off with pay
- An environment that supports continuous learning.
- Opportunities for career growth.
- A positive staff culture that provides opportunities to connect with your coworkers such as our summer BBQs, holiday parties, and team-building events.
Upon joining 360°kids you'll be welcomed into a fun and collaborative environment where we truly value our employees and want to see them succeed.
360°kids is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. 360°kids offer accommodation for applicants in our recruitment process, if you are contacted regarding a job opportunity please advise if you require accommodation.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Full Time Marketing Assistant
6 Management Inc.
Marketing & Promotions Associate
6 Management Inc.
Marketing Programs Specialist
Digital Marketing Coordinator Job
Content Specialist Intern