Manager, Digital Communications
Employment Terms: Full-Time, Permanent
Start/End Date: August, 2019
Founded in 1829, Upper Canada College is a leading independent school for boys SK- Grade 12, located in the heart of Toronto. The College presents a rigorous, liberal education through the International Baccalaureate Programme and broad co-curricular opportunities to engage students, faculty and staff. Our students are motivated and supported by a well-resourced, exceptional faculty, who bring a diversity of experience to an exemplary professional learning community.
A thoughtful and creative storyteller, technically proficient in modern communications and engagement platforms, the Manager, Digital Communications is responsible for content creation, packaging and scheduling across all digital channels (social media, websites, email) in support of the College’s integrated marketing and communications strategies.
The role identifies, develops and evaluates strategies, programs and campaigns as well as writes and produces content for the school’s digital channels.
In addition, the role manages and executes various digital marketing and channel support activities including: optimizing the College’s digital communications and marketing efforts across multiple channels (websites, resource boards, emails, social media and SEO), tracking KPIs and customer experience, and overseeing a continuous improvement initiatives.
To ensure we continue to adapt to new opportunities and serve the needs of our audiences, the incumbent explores new trends, tracks and reports on results, and works with College stakeholders including faculty and staff, parents and volunteers and suppliers to meet the College’s objectives and ensure market competitiveness.This role reports directly to the Director, Marketing and Communications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Communications & Marketing:
- Produces creative and engaging content for all digital channels, including short-form written content, photography, videography, and audio-based content, in line with the brand strategy and supporting content strategy;
- Manages and coordinates digital communications and marketing programs and campaigns that share the UCC story and engage its community and external audiences with the College and its Strategic Directions;
- Develops and implements digital communications to inform parents and support parent engagement (newsletter, resource boards and other);
- Maintains relationships across UCC community to continue to suggest and generate new stories/content ideas that support College’s Strategic Directions and goals;
- Coordinates live, real-time coverage of prominent events on social media;
- Supports UCC volunteer groups’ digital and social media needs;
- Standardizes approach and process for digital content distribution to be utilized by Advancement Department and, where appropriate, whole school;
- Reviews school-wide digital marketing and promotional materials for consistency of brand and messaging;
- Develops strategy and constituency map to optimize UCC digital audience journey (from application to student to alumni);
- Manages budget for digital communication and marketing programs.
- Develops integrated and coordinated annual/quarterly/monthly whole school social media plan to ensure timely content delivery and engagement, capitalizing on major milestones and trends both inside the school community and beyond;
- Writes, packages, schedules and posts social content and visuals, with appropriate use of hashtags and links;
- Produces regular social media tracking reports and proposes and implements responsive strategies for continued improvement;
- Monitors digital and social channels to identify issues and opportunities;
- Monitors trends in social media and digital engagement for opportunities.
- Administers UCC’s CMS and acts as primary contact with CMS vendor;
- Develops and manages the College’s content and image storage needs;
- Contributes and works with Director, Marketing & Communications on whole school annual content calendar;
- Maintains UCC digital, social and website communications to ensure content and packaging is continually refreshed; including live stream content and digital signage.
- Manages operations of UCC’s digital and social presence, ensuring functionality and troubleshooting issues and ensuring compliance with College standards and policies;
- Monitors and produces regular reports on digital stats and implements responsive strategies for continued improvement;
- Works with UCC’s database administrators to update relational databases as they relate to digital communication applications and processes.
- Researches, tracks and evaluates current and emerging digital content and social technologies and trends in support of continually evolving UCC’s offerings;
- Collaborates with IT department to establish protocols, best practices and ensure UCC’s Advancement team is aligned with College-wide protocols and best practices;
- Develops industry relationships that enhance the College’s brand and its digital and social communications and marketing;
- Develops and maintains “knowledge sharing” relationships with fellow Advancement team members and across College.
- Participates in variety of initiatives that enhance UCC’s community relationships (students, alumni, parents , volunteers);
- Participates in various Advancement cross-functional teams and projects;
- Supports communication-related needs of VP Advancement and Director, Marketing and Communications as required.
Key Knowledge, Competencies and Experience:
- University degree preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with communications including digital content and social media management;
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing and communications experience; agency experience an asset;
- Experience developing and executing social media strategies and using content to drive awareness and deliver upon objectives;
- Experience in writing, editing and producing variety of digital communications (website content, social media, blogs, resource boards and more);
- Experience managing and implementing integrated digital communications and marketing campaigns;
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing analytics and ability to make recommendations to improve performance and test new tactics;
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and internal and external suppliers/vendors to manage content, digital and social properties;
- Exceptional content development and packaging, writing and editing skills
- Strong knowledge of digital production and digital asset management systems;
- Strong knowledge of digital technology and relational databases; Blackbaud experience an asset;
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills;
- Strong knowledge of Google analytics and social media monitoring/reporting
- Sound organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to research, write, package and/or source digital content for wide variety of platforms and use;
- Ability to interact with all departments of the school, including faculty and students, to identify and develop content ;
- Attendance at some school/college events may require working outside normal office hours.
Please apply online by creating a “Management & Professionals” profile account by Friday July 12, 2019. We thank all candidates in advance; however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, encouraging applicants from all qualified individuals. If you are contacted by UCC regarding a job opportunity, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications