Director of Marketing, Digital Products & Audience Engagement (English Services) - TOR08448
Director of Marketing, Digital Products & Audience Engagement (English Services) - TOR08448
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Due to the pandemic this position is temporarily a full-time teleworking position.
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will lead marketing strategy for CBC’s digital products and platforms including CBC Gem, CBC Listen, CBC.ca, social media and suite of apps by building comprehensive marketing plans, products and content in collaboration with CBC teams across Canada. Your experience demonstrates drive and initiative, deep understanding of data and segments, creativity, strategic thinking and a firm knowledge and understanding of industry best practices, as well as sound judgment and consistency. You’re equally comfortable in both a highly collaborative environment and working independently. You value diversity of thought and experience and strive to create a work culture that is highly collaborative, inclusive and respectful.
In this role you will act as a cross-functional senior leader working collaboratively with our content marketing leaders, brand, media strategy, publicity, creative and content teams, guiding the strategic process to translate ideas into industry leading campaigns that generate measurable results. If you have passion for digital marketing and enjoy working in an ever-changing environment, this is the role for you.
- Lead the overall development and planning of CBC’s digital marketing strategy, including leading cross-functional teams in day to day operations and executions including key business decisioning, presentations and influence work across all business units within CBC English Services
- Define objectives and scope in collaboration with other business leaders to help shape the future direction of CBC’s digital experience, leveraging your high level of expertise and a full understanding of the marketplace/industry trends and ensuring campaign level alignments across business lines / portfolios
- Oversee and grow CBC’s acquisition and engagement with audiences including digital content marketing development and consumption, subscription services, membership and social media strategies through strategic data-first initiatives and ensure the implementation and management of specific campaigns
- Working collaboratively with internal teams including Digital/Data Operations, Research, Business Intelligence, Media Solutions, Marketing, Media Planning and Content, you will oversee the process, framework and function of a growing performance marketing practice including customer acquisition and retention and multi-channel automation
- Work with complex data sets to extract insights from performance to produce actionable, repeatable and scalable outcomes
- Lead the Marketing & Communications component in contributing to the development and functional operations of CBC’s membership services, including value propositions, audience activations and brand experience across multiple touchpoints.
- Work collaboratively with other senior leaders to help shape the future direction of CBC’s brand and business strategy
- Support of identified channels and priorities including providing guidance on specific tactics, delivery and measurement
- Manage media sponsorship, partnerships, related deliverables and post reports for the accounts delegated, as required
- Liaise with external clients, agencies and product teams to identify and capitalize on new audience engagement opportunities which contribute to success and enhance CBC’s brand
- Anticipate future requirements and determine appropriate action, ensuring that implementation and management of plans both support priorities and effectively leverage resources
- Provide thought leadership and industry insights to support/ lead special projects, new initiatives and innovation opportunities
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and learning & development for multiple staff and teams
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing/Advertising or related discipline; digital media background preferred
- Significant knowledge of Canadian and global streaming content (video and audio), key drivers and trends
- Demonstrated prior expertise with SEM/SEO, App Optimization, Personalization, Social Media for business, Programmatic, delivery systems, UX/Design experience a plus
- Minimum 10 years experience delivering professional integrated marketing services - a mix of client and agency preferred - including 5+ years in a senior manager/advisor position leading staff
- Prior digital marketing account experience in more than one of the following content categories: entertainment, streaming services, social media, membership services
- Significant prior experience with / demonstrated utilization of datasets to achieve efficient campaign results
- Solid understanding of the media industry, CBC programming, competitive landscape and operations, and ability to gain a solid understanding of various CBC departmental activities in order to facilitate cross-promotion and integrated strategies
- Experience working with and leading external vendors and agency relationships.
- Creative and strategic thinker, with superior writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to effectively maximize available resources.
- Sound judgment with excellent decision making skills - ability to solve complex business problems by evaluating multiple factors and leveraging internal and external subject matter resources and expertise
- Successful at managing multiple projects simultaneously while working with tight deadlines.
- Championing diverse perspectives and ideas, and differing points of view is critical.
- Ability to travel on occasion as well as work long and/or irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, as per project requirements
At CBC, we recognize that everyone has a different path when it comes to building their skills. We value diversity of thought and of experience. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning, and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications.
Candidates may be asked to complete testing as part of this recruitment
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Please apply online at : https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/62bb64701c1e236696e7ba92/51fc022158b70066fae49f3e/en
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Senior Marketing Associate
Firma Foreign Exchange
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Commercia…
Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA)
Marketing and Communications Manager
Director, Marketing & Communications
Spécialiste du Web et de son contenu - Bilingue |…
Canon Medical Systems Canada Limited