Manager, Vertical Marketing
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Manager, Marketing will develop and execute the strategic marketing plan for specific communities within Vector’s ecosystem, using a data driven approach to grow the Vector brand, support lead generation of companies to our programs, and achieve long-term strategic objectives. This will include, but is not limited to, development of thought leadership, content strategy campaigns and collateral, digital marketing programs, sponsorship and brand awareness campaigns, and primary and secondary competitive research.
The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B marketing, specifically marketing to the small- and medium-sized enterprise community. They should be passionate about building campaigns to engage Vector’s communities, understand and have run lead generation campaigns as well as sales enablement campaigns, and are excited by the challenge of developing creative go-to-market plans with limited resources. They must be able to build productive cross-functional relationships, exhibit excellent critical thinking skills, and have experience influencing stakeholders in a matrixed organization.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and be comfortable with a unique fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will also have a strong understanding of digital advertising platforms, a track record of resilience under pressure, and a vision for how we can better meet the needs of the small and medium enterprise community.
- Working with the Director, Marketing & Communications, as well as, business leaders, develop, implement, and lead Vector’s segment marketing / campaign strategies for specific audiences such as small- and medium-sized enterprises initially, possibly growing to other segments;
- Lead and conduct a comprehensive annual review of SME segment specific-marketing needs, to inform the annual Vector marketing plan;
- Partner with others on the Marketing & Communications team as well as various cross-functional teams at Vector to set outbound priorities, define goals and develop effective and compelling campaigns to engage Vector’s SME audience;
- Using performance and growth marketing principles, and by collecting data from campaigns, provide actionable insights to continuously improve the effectiveness of Vector segment marketing campaigns, events and communications initiatives;
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, gather stakeholder insights, present recommendations, and coordinate effective action plans to help Vector’s SME/FastLane team improve offerings, positioning, and value propositions;
- Map and track Vector’s SME company journeys, develop content strategies, and work with other members of the Marketing & Communications team to activate digital advertising and other campaigns that maximize conversion rates for engagement in Vector’s diverse programs;
- Develop content strategies to attract SME companies to Vector while working closely with the communications team to integrate into the current editorial calendar - providing clear and effective communication of project requirements across stakeholders and functions (editorial, paid media, social media, email, etc.);
- Develop channel strategies and identify potential sponsorships to increase brand awareness and optimize paid content distribution, maximizing reach and impact;
- Develop briefs and scopes of work to derive maximum value from external agency resources;
- Champion and steward the Vector Institute brand as well as the FastLane visual identity ensuring high quality and consistent messaging and branding across all channels and materials for SMEs;
- Collaborate strategically with SME organizations who are part of Vector’s FastLane program to leverage their participation as use-cases, testimonials and co-marketing opportunities;
- Collaborate with ecosystem partners who provide a pipeline of companies to Vector’s FastLane program (e.g., government investment offices, venture capital funds, incubators and regional innovation hubs) to reach target audiences and strengthen partnerships, and;
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Progress towards Vector’s strategic objectives (i.e., as they relate to Industry Innovation, Research Operations, Health, Academic Partnerships, AI Engineering) is enhanced by the development and implementation of marketing strategies;
- Measurable increases in brand awareness, consideration, and program participation from FastLane companies are noted in Vector offerings;
- Delivery of qualified leads meets or exceeds annual objectives for acquisition of SMEs to Vector’s FastLane program;
- A measurable increase in reach and frequency of communication to SMEs occurs (e.g., via growth in email marketing lists) and;
- Increased frequency of success and impact stories, testimonials, and value proposition reaching and resonating with target audiences including executive decision-makers at SME companies.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in digital marketing, consulting, communications, information technology or equivalent.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape as it relates to small-medium-enterprises.
- Experience project managing marketing campaigns from start to finish in compliance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation and privacy legislation.
- Verbal and written French is considered a strategic asset.
- Experience in developing marketing and communications strategies that are aligned to business strategy and lead generation/sales goals.
- Experience simplifying complex subjects into easy-to-understand written copy/ content.
- Experience communicating with technical, business, and external stakeholders.
- Experience developing plans, building processes, and using analytics to execute successful marketing strategies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- An understanding of not-for-profit organizations is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical and strategic thinker.
- Ability to work independently on several projects concurrently and maintain focus and professionalism in high pressure environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work successfully with various organizational levels, including colleagues, senior executives, and external partners.
- Deep interest in Canada's AI ecosystem and knowledge economy.
- Ability to create visually compelling and professional documents, in alignment with established visual identity guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Richard Haldane, Talent Acquisition Specialist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is July 9, 2022.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, LGBT2Q+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Senior Marketing Associate
Firma Foreign Exchange
Marketing and Communications Manager
Director, Marketing & Communications
Spécialiste du Web et de son contenu - Bilingue |…
Canon Medical Systems Canada Limited
Vice President, Marketing & Engagement
Canada's Children's Hospital Foundations