*Version française disponible sur notre site Web*
Reporting to the Lead Graphic Designer, this position has a key focus on producing highly customized proposals that are on-brand, on-message, modern in their look and feel, and visually engaging. These proposals are a critical part of our Campaign to Create Tomorrow as we solicit major and transformational gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations. As a member of our 20-person marketing team, the Graphic Design Associate also works on developing artwork for broader consumption such as marketing collateral, web/digital layout designs, and much more.
“We’re embarking on a once-in-a-lifetime journey for health care, and for our city. We’re looking for someone who wants to build a career around this opportunity. To help us create a strong brand by producing customized proposals that will inspire donors join us on this transformative journey.”
Tara Gough, Lead Graphic Designer
Position Type: Full-time, permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Number of vacancies: 1
Number of direct reports: 0
Annual salary: $48,500-$57,000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario. Presently telecommuting with flexible arrangements (likely a hybrid model) available when our office reintegrates later in 2022 (date TBD). Onsite work is conducted in non-clinical areas of The Ottawa Hospital’s Civic (1053 Carling Avenue) and General (501 Smyth Road) campuses.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol: TOHF complies with all Health and Safety regulations that are established by The Ottawa Hospital’s Occupational Health Department, which presently includes: daily health screenings for all staff, frequent custodial cleanings, and reminders to observe social distancing/good hand hygiene.
Language: English essential, French considered an asset
Benefits: Includes medical benefits (semi-private hospital, extended health care, vision care, dental care); life insurance; employee and family assistance program; defined benefits pension, and much more.
Years Experience: 2-4 years recent experience in graphic design and layout
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation has launched the historic $500-million Campaign to Create Tomorrow. This multi-year fundraising campaign is the largest fundraising campaign in Ottawa’s history, and will support the New Campus Development on Carling Avenue and world-leading research at The Ottawa Hospital.
“Each of us can be part of a moment that future citizens of our community will someday look back on and realize, together, we revolutionized healthcare for generations to come. We have enthusiastically embraced this special moment in time, as this campaign supports one of the most important community legacy projects of our lifetime. We want the best staff to join our exceptional team as we prepare for this generational opportunity.”
Tim Kluke, President and CEO, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
We are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
- Implement graphics and layouts for donor proposals in both digital and print, based on direction from the Lead Graphic Designer
- Create proposal templates and ensure templates remain up to date with current visuals
- Use and understand creative briefs to guide the production of materials
- Work in partnership with the digital strategy team by providing guidance and recommendations for highly engaging and strong user experience-based web pages
- Ensure fundraising toolkit remains up to date by implementing the latest designs, graphics and photography developed by the creative team as well as developing iconography
- Produce materials that are visually and aesthetically consistent with the brand guidelines and standards
- Use the Adobe Suite of products for design and layout, and edit photos as needed
- Follow design trends and best practices in the production of print and digital materials
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: graphic design, layout, photo/ editing software
- Ability to develop print and digital marketing products both from scratch and edit existing templates
- Strong file management and organizational skills
- Ability to follow direction and design trends
- Ability to work in a team and deal with competing priorities
- Any industry credentials, associations, or awards will be considered and asset
- A diploma or degree relating to the requirements of the job will be considered an asset
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications